- 12 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021: Only Two Manufacturers Dominate The List
- 17 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 17 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 7 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan Starrer Creates A New Record!
- Technology Samsung Summer Fest 2021: Discounts On Samsung Tablets
- Sports IPL: If I play the match 100 times, I would not take that single: Samson on denying Morris against PBKS
- News UK PM Boris Johnson's India visit to finalise 'Roadmap 2030' for re-energised India-UK ties
- Finance Ola Money: How to use it?
- Education NEET PG 2021 Exam Postponed Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi And Nushrat Bharucha’s Stylish High Ponytails Are The Cutest Hairstyles To Rock With Mini Dresses
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. — the popular electric two-wheeler manufacturer has teased the arrival of its first electric motorcycle, the Oki100 to the Indian market. The teaser image of the Okinawa Oki100 electric bike just comes with the caption 'coming soon', indicating the launch could take place in the coming weeks.
The company has been working on the electric motorcycle offering for quite a while now, with the first prototype showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. There were also plans of introducing the electric bike in India sometime during the festive season last year, however, even that did not take place.
Now, the company has updated the website with the new teaser, confirming that the Oki100 electric bike is finally set to enter the Indian market. Once launched, the new Okinawa Oki100 electric bike will be priced at around Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom) range, putting it directly in competition with the Revolt RV400.
Okinawa had also previously confirmed that the electric motorcycle will be built from the ground-up in India. The company is planning to have a 100 per cent localisation, this includes the battery modules as well.
The company is yet to announce the exact powertrain figures of the electric motorcycle. However, the Oki100 is said to come with a top speed of 100km/h. Also, the performance of the Okinawa Oki100 will be equivalent to that of a 125cc premium IC-engine powered commuter motorcycle.
The Okinawa Oki100 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, also revealed that the powertrain will be positioned in the conventional place as the engine. This should according to the brand help in balancing the weight out evenly. While also offering a low centre of gravity, aiding in improved agility and handling.
Other details on the motorcycle also include the use of LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument display, telescopic forks and monoshock suspension setup (front & rear) and disc brakes at either end.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teaser Image
Okinawa is finally set to introduce the Oki100 electric bike in the Indian market, after three years of its first unveiling. Okinawa will be hoping to the electric motorcycle will help them garner fresh interest towards the brand across the country.