- 3 hrs ago New Kia Cars Finance Offers Announced In India In July 2021: Partners With ICICI & Yes Banks
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- 22 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 23 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021 Exclusive: Real-Life People Talk About Their Friends
- Movies These Songs Of Mumtaz Will Make You Fall In Love With Her, 'Aap Ki Kasam'!
- News Mamata Banerjee slams Modi govt over unemployment, COVID-19 situation
- Technology Micromax Airfunk 1, Airfunk 1 Pro TWS Earbuds Announced; Price Starts At Rs. 1,299
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu v Tai Tzu-ying Semifinal: Date, IST Time, Head to head, TV telecast, Live streaming
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Bihar In August
- Education RBSE 10th Result 2021: Check Rajasthan Board 10th Result 2021 Link And Marksheet
- Finance Aadhaar Update: How To Retrieve Lost Aadhaar Card Online/Offline
Okinawa Autotech drops the prices of its electric scooters by up to Rs 17,900 after the FAME II Incentive revision. The brand's flagship Okinawa iPraise+ is now priced at Rs 99,708, ex-showroom.
The price decrease ranges between Rs 7,200 to 17900 depending on the model.
All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Speaking about the iPraise+, it is the top-selling electric scooter from the brand. The demand for the scooter has increased by three times in the last few months, according to the company.
Range, Charging & Performance
The Okinawa iPraise+ features a 1kW BLDC electric motor paired to a portable battery. This returns a maximum riding range of around 160km per charge (claimed). Charging the battery from 0 to 80 per cent will take 1 hour. A full charge of the battery takes 3 hours. The scooter can reach a top speed of 58kmph.
Features & Technology
The iPraise+ features IOT technology and connects to the brand's mobile application &mdash Okinawa Eco App. The app allows the user to track the usage, get directions and add a few emergency contacts to the app.
- Other features of the iPraise+
- Detachable lithium-ion battery
- Scooter tracking
- Remote immobilizer
Mr Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director & Founder, Okinawa Autotech, said, "We are excited and thrilled to provide users with the most innovative electric scooters at even more affordable prices now. Lowering the prices of electric scooters in the country will serve as a stepping stone and help persuade more riders to switch from a combustion-engined model to an electric one. We thank the government of India for taking this crucial step."
He further added, "At Okinawa, our localization strategy has allowed us to set the bar of high-quality products that are not only transforming the perception of electric scooters in the customer's minds but achieving this without burning a hole in their pockets. With our plans to achieve 100% localization by the end of this fiscal year, we are certain to change the face of the two-wheeler electric vehicle industry in India."
FAME II Subsidy Revision
Recently, the Indian Government increased the FAME II incentives from Rs 10,000 per kWh to Rs 15,000 per kWh of the battery pack used in the electric scooter. The incentives increased by 50 per cent, which helped the automakers to reduce the prices of their existing products.
Ather Energy, another Indian electric two-wheeler marker has reduced the prices of their scooters as well. Here is the new price for Ather 450X.
Thoughts About The Okinawa Scooter Prices Dropped
After the FAME II incentives increased in India, this led to the reduction in electric scooter prices by a substantial margin. Okinawa is quick to respond to the new regulation and made its electric scooters more accessible to EV buyers in the country.