- 5 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 21 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Finance UBS Ups Average Inflation Print To 5 Per Cent With More Upside Risks
- Education BSE Odisha 10th Result 2021 To Be Declared Today At 6 PM
- Technology Realme Buds Q2 India Sale On June 30 At 12 PM; Better Than Competition?
- News After ‘then you suffer’ remark, Kerala women panel chief resigns
- Lifestyle Filhaal 2- Mohabbat First Look: Nupur Sanon Is A True Blue Beauty In Her Minimal Makeup Look
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Treats His Fans To Fun Chat Session As He Completes 29 Years In Bollywood
- Sports ICC congratulate New Zealand for clinching World Test Championship title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Norton Motorcycles is coming to India. A media report claims that TVS Motor Company is all set to launch Norton in the Indian market. This news comes more than a year after the TVS Motor Company bought the Norton brand in April 2020. The report also claims that trademarks have been filed in India for four Norton models.
Norton Motorcycles makes some of the most desirable motorcycles in the world. These are elite motorcycles and are bought by the elite in the motorcycling community. The brand, however, ran into financial issues that brought the company into administration. The brand was in debt and it was obvious that it would be put up for sale.
TVS Motor Company was one of the many entities that lined up to buy the Norton brand. The Indian auto giant trumped all other buyers and closed the deal at 16 million GBP (Around Rs 150.77 crore).
The multi-million-pound deal breathed fresh life into the brand and Norton set up a new factory and headquarters. Shortly after the acquisition, TVS had stated that Norton won't be coming to India anytime soon. Now though, things seem to have changed.
A media report claims that TVS will be launching Norton in India after all. The same report also claims that Norton has already trademarked four motorcycles in India - Norton Commando, Norton Atlas, Norton Fastback and Norton Manx.
The Indian market is no stranger to the Norton Commando as it was sold in India a few years ago. It is a cafe racer powered by a 961cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of around 80bhp.
The Norton Atlas is a proper old-school scrambler with an upright riding position that rides on dual-purpose tyres. It is powered by an engine with 84bhp and 64Nm. The Norton Fastback is a motorcycle that is yet to be launched. The Fastback was one of the variants of the Commando in the 1970s.
The Norton Manx is also one of the older motorcycles from Norton. It was made between 1946 and 1962 and will soon be relaunched. Now that the India launch has been confirmed, we can soon see these beautiful machines on our roads. More details will be revealed soon.
Thoughts On Norton Motorcycles Being Launched In The Indian Market
Norton makes some of the most exquisite motorcycles in the world. The upcoming motorcycles that have been trademarked in India just add more excitement to the fact that Norton is finally coming to India. We are really looking to see these new motorcycles in person.