- 3 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 5 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 6 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Sports IPL 2021: Virat Kohli becomes first player to score 6000 runs in Indian Premier League
- Movies Bigg Boss 14's Eijaz Khan Surprises Pavitra Punia On Her Birthday; Couple Enjoy Intimate Celebration At Home
- News EC bans roadshows, bike rallies in Bengal; public meetings restricted to 500 people
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
TVS Motor Company has released a new teaser of its upcoming commuter motorcycle offering, the Star City+. The 2021-iteration of the TVS Star City Plus is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in the coming weeks and could feature a number of subtle revisions.
The teaser image of the 2021 TVS Star City+ seems to carry forward a design identical to the previous BS6-compliant model, introduced in January 2020.
Details of the upcoming 2021 motorcycle are unknown, with the teaser just stating, "We've got a surprise for you, Stay-Tuned". We expect TVS to introduce a special edition model or an all-black paint scheme on the 2021 Star City+ commuter motorcycle.
The teaser image reveals certain aspects and styling elements of the upcoming 2021 Star City Plus. This includes the LED headlamps surrounded by the silver garnish, blacked-out mirrors, clear-lens indicators, single-piece seat, grab-rail, tall windscreen and the TVS branding on the tank. All these features, however, are already on offer on the current BS6-compliant model introduced last year.
The 2021 TVS Star City+ is also expected to carry forward the same engine and mechanicals from the current model as well. This includes the same 5-step adjustable shock absorbers at the rear, with standard telescopic forks at the front. Braking is handled by drums at either end, supported by CBS (combi-braking system) as standard.
Talking about the engine, the 2021 TVS Star City+ is said to carry forward the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces8.08bhp at 7350rpm and 8.7Nm of peak torque at 4500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox. TVS has equipped the commuter motorcycle with its Eco-Thrust fuel-injection technology, which claims to improve fuel efficiency by 15 per cent.
Currently, the TVS Star City+ is offered in a range of five dual-tone colour schemes: White/Black, Black/Blue, Grey/Black, Red/Black & Black/Red. The current motorcycle also comes with features such as a semi-digital instrument cluster and USB charging sockets as well. Also, the BS6-compliant TVS Star City+ is offered with a price tag of Rs 65,865, ex-showroom (Delhi), which could increase for the 2021-iteration.
Thoughts On The 2021 TVS Star City+ Motorcycle Teaser
The TVS Star City+ is one of the most popular commuter offering in the Indian market. The motorcycle rivals the likes of the Hero Splendor and the Honda CD 110 and the Bajaj Platina 110 H Gear.