- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
TVS Motor Company has added a new variant to its Jupiter scooter lineup in the Indian market, called the Sheet Metal White (SMW). The new TVS Jupiter SMW is now the model's new base variant and is priced at Rs 63,497, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new TVS Jupiter Sheet Metal White variant is offered in two colour options: Metallic Silver & Metallic Titanium Grey. The new base variant of the Jupiter comes powered by the same 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.4bhp at 7500rpm and 8.4Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm and is paired with a CVT gearbox.
The new base variant also features the brand's patented Econometer with two riding modes: Eco and Power. The TVS Jupiter range also features a host of equipment as standard, including LED headlamps, LED taillights, updated instrument cluster, open glove box, large boot space, USB charging port (on ZX and Classic variant only) and many others.
Apart from the new SMW variant, the TVS Jupiter is also offered in four other trim levels: Standard, ZX, ZX Disc and Classic. Prices for the remaining four models have been hiked by up to Rs 2,770. The entire TVS Jupiter range including the new SMW variant is now offered with a price tag ranging from Rs 63,497 to Rs 72,472. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS earlier this month announced 176,912 units of domestic two-wheeler sales during the month of December 2020. This translated to a 13 per cent growth compared to the brand's sales during the same month in 2019.
Among this, 119,051 units came from motorcycles, while the remaining 77,705 units of sales were from scooter sales. The TVS Jupiter is one among the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market. The Jupiter brings in consistent sales month-on-month for the brand, often marking its presence as one of the top-10 two-wheelers in the country.
Thoughts On The New TVS Jupiter Base Variant Launch
The new TVS Jupiter Sheet Metal White variant is the brand's entry-level trim offered in the Indian market. The TVS Jupiter is positioned in the 110cc commuter-level segment and rivals the likes of the Hero Maestro Edge and the Honda Activa offering.