- 8 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 13 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
TVS Motors is gearing up to launch an all-new 125cc motorcycle in India. TVS Motors has already released four teaser videos for the same on their social media platforms. Even though TVS is being tight-lipped about the name of its upcoming 125cc motorcycle, we already know that TVS had already filed trademarks for the names Fiero, Raider, Retron.
Out of these three names, we wish for TVS to bring back the iconic 'Fiero' nameplate. However, this new 125cc motorcycle will not be the Fiero but could be the Raider. According to the teaser video released by TVS, the upcoming 125cc motorcycle will debut on 16 September 2021.
At present, TVS' product portfolio lacks a 125cc motorcycle and this upcoming 125cc motorcycle will bridge the gap between the frugal 110cc TVS Radeon and sportier 160cc TVS Apache RTR 160. The only current 125cc offering from TVS is the NTorq scooter.
Though the manufacturing plant of TVS at Hosur is still producing 125cc versions of the TVS Victor and TVS Star City, these models are meant for export markets only. As per the teaser video, TVS will be offering ET-Fi (Eco Thrust Fi) in its upcoming 125cc motorcycle; A system used in commuter range like TVS Jupiter and Radeon.
Speaking of commuter motorcycles, the upcoming 125cc motorcycle from TVS doesn't look anything like a commuter motorcycle with its sharp and bright styling. The design includes stylish LED headlights with 'X' shaped LED DRLs, LED tail-lights, LED turn indicators, all-digital instrument cluster, front disc brake, ABS, split seats, black alloy wheels, tubeless tyres, and many more.
Another design trait seen on the teaser video is the handlebars. These handlebars seem to be positioned slightly lower than traditional commuters and hint at a slightly sporty riding position. We expect the upcoming 125cc TVS motorcycle to produce anywhere between 10-11bhp and 11-12Nm of torque as the engine will utilise a fuel injection system (ET Fi) tuned for efficiency rather than outright performance.
According to sources, the gearbox offered on the upcoming 125cc motorcycle from TVS will be a 5-speed unit with 1-down and 4-up shift pattern. What we can confirm from our end is that the upcoming 125cc motorcycle from TVS will be feature-packed and will suit anyone looking for a youthful commuter motorcycle.
Along with this TVS is also planning to introduce a 125cc version of the TVS Jupiter. This move from TVS comes as a response to the market trend where more people are preferring peppier 125cc scooters than its slightly more frugal 110cc counterparts.
The 125cc TVS Jupiter will use the same engine as the TVS NTorq, but it will be tuned for better fuel efficiency to suit the requirements of a commuter segment. Also, TVS has recently trademarked the 'Apache RTR 165 RP', which could indicate the possibility of adding a new variant in the Apache lineup of motorcycles.
Thoughts About Upcoming 125cc Motorcycle From TVS
It is astonishing to see that the TVS product portfolio is devoid of any 125cc motorcycles, as it is one of the most competitive and revenue-generating motorcycle segments in India. With this upcoming 125cc motorcycle, TVS aims to capture both young and middle-aged riders by catering to their needs.