- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 19 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 21 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports India vs England: Australia spinner Nathan Lyon slams those 'crying over' turning Motera pitch in 3rd Test
- News 'Catch the rain': PM Modi pitches for water conservation ahead of summers
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The 2021 KTM 890 Duke has been globally unveiled. The new 890 Duke will be a replacement to the old Duke 790 KTM which has been discontinued post the arrival of the stricter Euro 5 emissions.
The new KTM 890 Duke will be positioned below its more powerful 890 R variant. It will, however, borrow the same chassis, engine and body panels as its more powerful variant. The new Duke 890 carries forward the same design and styling as its predecessor.
This includes the same LED headlamps, LED tail lights, fuel tank design, seats and others. The only differentiating factor between the 2021 KTM Duke 890 and its predecessor is the new paint scheme with the new body graphics. The new 890 Duke now comes in two colours: Black & Orange. The motorcycle also comes with a blacked-out frame, instead of the orange seen on other KTM models.
The new (2021) KTM 890 Duke also weighs in at the same 169 kilograms as the 790 Duke. However, the seat height on the Duke 890 is 5mm lower than on its predecessor, which provides better accessibility.
Powering the 2021 KTM 890 Duke is the same 889cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine, which is on the 890 R. The engine on the standard version, however, has been slightly de-tuned, now producing 115bhp at 9000rpm and 92Nm of peak torque 8000rpm. It is paired with the same six-speed gearbox and comes with two-way quick-shifter as standard.
Apart from this, the 2021 KTM 890 Duke features a host of other electronic rider aids as well. This includes a 6D lean angle sensor with IMU assist, nine-stage traction control and multiple ride modes (Rain, Street & Sport); among others.
The KTM 890 Duke once introduced in the global markets will take on the likes of the Triumph Street Triple R and the Ducati Monster.
Thoughts On The 2021 KTM 890 Duke
The KTM 890 Duke is expected to enter the Indian market sometime by late-2021. However, KTM is yet to officially announce the same. Once introduced in India, the new 890 Duke will replace the 790 Duke in the brand's lineup. Prices for the 2021 KTM Duke 890 in India will be in the Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom range.