- 2 hrs ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 4 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs RCB Match 6 Live Updates: Bangalore, Hyderabad clash in southern derby
- Finance Infosys Q4 profit at Rs 5,078 crore; Announces Share Buy-Back, Declares Dividend
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Movies Virata Parvam Starring Rana Daggubati And Sai Pallavi Gets Postponed Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- News SC says access to professional education no government largesse
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
The 2021 KTM 890 Duke has been globally unveiled. The new 890 Duke will be a replacement to the old Duke 790 KTM which has been discontinued post the arrival of the stricter Euro 5 emissions.
The new KTM 890 Duke will be positioned below its more powerful 890 R variant. It will, however, borrow the same chassis, engine and body panels as its more powerful variant. The new Duke 890 carries forward the same design and styling as its predecessor.
This includes the same LED headlamps, LED tail lights, fuel tank design, seats and others. The only differentiating factor between the 2021 KTM Duke 890 and its predecessor is the new paint scheme with the new body graphics. The new 890 Duke now comes in two colours: Black & Orange. The motorcycle also comes with a blacked-out frame, instead of the orange seen on other KTM models.
The new (2021) KTM 890 Duke also weighs in at the same 169 kilograms as the 790 Duke. However, the seat height on the Duke 890 is 5mm lower than on its predecessor, which provides better accessibility.
Powering the 2021 KTM 890 Duke is the same 889cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine, which is on the 890 R. The engine on the standard version, however, has been slightly de-tuned, now producing 115bhp at 9000rpm and 92Nm of peak torque 8000rpm. It is paired with the same six-speed gearbox and comes with two-way quick-shifter as standard.
Apart from this, the 2021 KTM 890 Duke features a host of other electronic rider aids as well. This includes a 6D lean angle sensor with IMU assist, nine-stage traction control and multiple ride modes (Rain, Street & Sport); among others.
The KTM 890 Duke once introduced in the global markets will take on the likes of the Triumph Street Triple R and the Ducati Monster.
Thoughts On The 2021 KTM 890 Duke
The KTM 890 Duke is expected to enter the Indian market sometime by late-2021. However, KTM is yet to officially announce the same. Once introduced in India, the new 890 Duke will replace the 790 Duke in the brand's lineup. Prices for the 2021 KTM Duke 890 in India will be in the Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom range.