- 53 min ago Ola Electric Scooter Official Images Released: India Launch Slated For June 2021
- 1 day ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- Finance SBI vs Axis vs HDFC vs ICICI: Latest Interest Rates On Fixed Deposit Compared
- Movies Shehnaaz Gill Says All The Girls Hit On Sidharth Shukla & They Don't Leave Him Alone
- Sports India Women vs South Africa Women, 2nd ODI: Date, Timing, TV Channel, Live telecast, Live Steaming details
- News Attend Parliament, observe debates: Venkaiah Naidu to MPs
- Technology Week 10, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Galaxy XCover 5, Gionee Max Pro, Redmi Note 10 5G And More
- Education Bihar CHO Result 2021 Declared, Check Candidates List For Document Verification
- Lifestyle Unmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear On Women's Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Jawa Forty-Two one of the two motorcycles revived by the brand has been spotted testing with a host of new updates. Jawa Motorcycles seems to be working on pushing a couple of updates to their entry-level offering in the country.
According to the latest spy images posted by Autocar India, the test mule of the updated Jawa-Forty motorcycle features a couple of upgrades. Starting with its all-new blacked-out design on replacing the chrome finish on a couple of trim pieces. This includes the entire dual-exhaust system, which is now completely blacked out.
The trim around the headlight and suspension at the front have also received the blacked-out treatment. Other changes noticed on the test mule that is changed as compared to the outgoing model include blacked-out alloy wheels, a small flyscreen and a grab handles for the pillion rider on the motorcycle.
As a result of motorcycle getting upgraded alloy wheels from the previous spoke wheels, the 2021 Jawa Forty-Two is likely to come shod with tubeless tires for ease of use. The test mule also features a little reservoir next to the top-mountings of the rear suspension. Whether it would be the new location for rear brake master cylinder is yet to be known.
Apart from this, the motorcycle remains the same and there are no other mechanical changes visible on the test mule. The Jawa Forty-Two liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 293cc engine now produces a maximum of 26.2bhp and a peak torque of 27.05Nm. The engine continues to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and a twin-shock suspension at the rear. The spoked wheels on the outgoing model measure at 18-inch for front and 17-inch for the rear. We expect the alloy-wheel sizes to remain the same.
Jawa Motorcycles offers the Forty-Two in six different colour options, which includes 2 Gloss and 4 Matte themes. The Forty-Two is also offered in two variants: single-channel ABS & dual-channel ABS. The single-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.65 lakh, while the ABS dual-channel variant costs Rs 1.74 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch
Jawa Motorcycles will be updating its entry-level offering, the Forty-Two model with a few changes. Alternatively, it could another variant that could be sold alongside its outgoing chrome-rich variant. However, the changes to the new motorcycle are expected to be restricted to mostly cosmetic. Whether it will be an all-new Jawa Forty-Two that will replace the outgoing model remains to be seen.