- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- Movies Savita Bajaj Receives Financial Aid From Ayushmann Khurrana, Actor Transfers Huge Amount Into Her Account
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Italian performance motorcycle manufacturer, Ducati has unveiled the 2022 Hypermotard 950 globally. The new Hypermotard 950 features a couple of new design tweaks along with an updated engine.
The Hypermotard 950 is available in three variants: standard, RVE and SP. The company is expected to launch all three variants of the updated motorcycle sometime this year in India. Prices for the 2022 Hypermotard 950 are expected to start at around Rs 12.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starting with the engine, the Hypermotard 950 is powered by an updated version of the same engine that was used on the earlier model. It is powered by a Desmodromic Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, liquid-cooled 937cc engine.
It produces a maximum of 112.6bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 96Nm at 7250rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch. The RVE and SP are offered with a bi-directional quick shifter Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) as standard.
The 2022 Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP variant receives a new livery to tell it apart from the other two variants of the motorcycle. Apart from the looks, the top-spec variant also features improved hardware over the other variants of the motorcycle.
This includes a 48mm fully adjustable (USD) UpSide-Down fork at the front and a fully adjustable mono-shock at the rear source from Ohlins. It also features lighter 17-inch Marchesini forged alloy wheels shod with superior Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres.
Speaking of lightness and performance, the Hypermotard 950 SP also features front mudguard and timing belt covers finished in Carbon Fibre.
In comparison, the RVE and SP variants also feature fully adjustable suspension at both ends. However, they are of the lower-spec unit sourced from Marzocchi. They also feature standard 17-inch alloy wheels shod with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres at both ends.
Lighting, instrument console and braking hardware remain the same across all variants of the 2022 Hypermotard 950 SP. Braking on the motorcycles is done via dual 320mm semi-floating brake discs along with radially mounted Monobloc Brembo with 4-pot callipers at the front and a 245mm single disc 2 pot calliper at the rear.
The motorcycle features all-around LED lighting including turn-signal indicators. The instrument console is via a TFT digital instrument console, which is controlled using the switchgear present on the handlebar.
The electronics rider package on the new Hypermotard includes multiple riding modes, Bosch cornering ABS, (DTC) Ducati Traction Control EVO, and (DWC) Ducati Wheelie Control EVO. The motorcycle also receives a couple of power modes and a USB charging port.
Ducati is also offering the Hypermotard 950 with a couple of accessories in the international markets. This includes an anti-theft system, heated grips on the handlebar, and the brand's (DMS) Ducati Multimedia System.
Thoughts About The 2022 Ducati Hypermotard 950
The 2022 Ducati Hypermotard 950 has undergone very few changes over its previous model year. The Hypermotard 950 is a tricky motorcycle that cannot be called an Adventure-Tourer, Supermoto, Enduro or a Street Naked. However, the Hypermotard has a massive fan following around the world.