- 20 min ago Jawa Gifts Mayur Shelke A Motorcycle For His Bravery: Read More About It!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA Pre-Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- Finance Banks Gain After RBI Caps Dividend Payment For FY21
- Movies Kubbra Sait Mourns Actor Amit Mistry’s Loss, Says ‘You Will Be Missed On Earth’
- Sports IPL 2021: Partnership with Kohli gets it right for Padikkal
- News Cannot afford a mask: Man sports bird’s nest to collect pension at govt office
- Technology First Look At iPhone 13 Mini; Familiar Design With Better Upgrades?
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Lifestyle Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Bajaj Auto has launched their all-new Platina 100 Electric Start (ES) in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 53,920, ex-showroom (Delhi); making it the most affordable motorcycle in India with an electric-start function.
The new Platina 100 comes with a refreshed look, offered with a number of new features and equipment, along with a few subtle cosmetic updates as well. This includes new rear-view mirrors and new body graphics offering a more youthful styling.
It also comes with LED DRLs on the headlamp units, wide rubber footpads, a longer seat offering more comfort for both rider and pillion and two new colour options: Cocktail Wine Red & Ebony Black with Silver decals.
The motorcycle comes powered by a 102cc single-cylinder air-cooled SOHC engine. It produces 7.8bhp at 7500rpm and 8.36Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES now comes with telescopic forks at the front and hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear with a new spring-on-spring suspension setup. Bajaj states that the new setup improves shock absorption levels, offering a more comfortable ride.
Braking is handled by 130mm and 110mm drum brakes at either end, supported by Combi-Braking System (CBS) as standard. The motorcycle further rides on 17-inch wheels with 100/80 profile tubeless tyres at both ends. The motorcycle further comes with an 11-litre fuel tank capacity and has a kerb weight of 117kg.
Narayan Sundararaman, Head of Marketing, Bajaj Auto Ltd said,
"The brand Platina has an unmatched proposition of Comfort with over 7 million satisfied customers as a testament to its segment-leading attributes. The new Platina 100ES offers yet another compelling proposition at a ground-breaking price that allows the vast majority of Kick start riders to upgrade to the much-sought convenience of self-start along with the Comfort-Tec technology."
Thoughts On The All-New Bajaj Platina 100 ES Launch In India
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES as mentioned above is now the most-affordable electric-start motorcycle on road. The Bajaj 100 ES is positioned in the entry-level commuter segment and still manages to pack a host of features, making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money offering in the segment.