- 2 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 1 day ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- Sports Bautista Agut, Carreno Busta lead home hopes in Mallorca as three Spaniards reach quarter-finals
- Finance Infosys Share Buyback: Stock Hit New High As Share Buyback To Start From Friday
- News Statehood in pipeline, but elections first, PM likely to tell J&K leaders
- Lifestyle Newly Wed Yami Gautam Looks ‘Simply Happy’ In Her Beautiful Printed Maxi Dress; Know It’s Price Inside!
- Technology Vi Launches Rs. 447 Prepaid Plan: How Does It Fair Against Reliance Jio And Airtel Non-FUP Plans
- Movies Radhe Shyam: Here’s How Much Makers Of Prabhas Starrer Have Spent For Over 26 Humongous Sets!
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Ather Energy currently offers two electric scooter models in the country, the 450X and the 450 Plus. However, the company seems to be working on its third offering. Ahead of the announcement, the patent image of the new Ather electric scooter has been leaked.
From the leaked patent images, the new electric scooter from Ather seems to feature a larger footprint than the outgoing models. The popularity of maxi-scooters is increasing in the country. Whether the new patented model will be a maxi-scooter from the brand remains to be seen.
Speaking about the design of the scooter, it features a large front apron, which tucks in the handlebar and the instrument console set up. Also, it seems to feature an x-shaped headlamp design.
As for the powertrain of the scooter, it is expected to borrow from the 450X model. The brand's flagship uses a PMS electric motor paired with an IP67 rated 2.61 kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 8bhp and a whopping 26Nm torque. This enables the Ather 450X electric scooter to accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.3 seconds.
On the other hand, the lower-spec 450 Plus scooter is powered by the same PMS electric motor paired with an IP67 rated 2.4 kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 7.2bhp and a whopping 22Nm torque. The Ather 450 Plus can accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.9 seconds.
According to the company, the 450X and the 450 Plus features a true electric riding range of 85 kilometres and 70 kilometres, respectively. Both scooters can charge from 0 to 80 per cent in 3 hours and 35 minutes. Fast charging the 450X will provide a range of 15km while charging the 450 Plus for the same period will give it a range of 10km.
The Ather 450 Plus retails at Rs 1.39 lakh and the Ather 450X costs Rs 1.59 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bengaluru). Once the new scooter is launched, it is expected to be placed in a similar price bracket.
Thoughts About The New Ather Electric Scooter Patented In India
The popularity and demand for electric scooters are increasing in the country. Ather currently offers two premium electric scooters in the country. However, the company could look to expand its product lineup soon. The upcoming electric scooter is expected to rival the also upcoming Suzuki Burgman Electric.