- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
The Aprilia SR 160 will be updated with a few changes in the Indian market. The updated premium scooter is expected to be launched sometime during the festive season this year. It is also expected to carry a new price tag as well.
According to the report from Express Drives, Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD of Piaggio India said, that the company will update the SR 160 this year. Along with the updated SR 160, the company is also gearing up to launch the Aprilia SXR 125 and the Vespa celebratory edition model in the country.
The updates on the new Aprilia SR 160 include a redesign front fascia with restyled headlamps, an all-new instrument cluster that supports Bluetooth technology. The scooter could also receive new graphics, colour options and new switchgear as well.
Diego Graffi, said, "Vespa is the most iconic and premium scooter brand and it is growing well in India. We will continue to set new benchmarks in the premium scooter segment, through the Vespa along with retaining its iconic appeal."
He further said, "Vespa and Aprilia have shown significant growth in 2021 versus previous years and in the last quarter, both our brands have shown a growth of 25% over the same quarter in 2019 and 94% in the low base quarter of 2020. In terms of our network, we now have over 260 dealerships and are working towards strengthening our presence in India."
The SR 160 is powered by an air-cooled single-cylinder fuel-injected 160cc engine. It produces a maximum of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and a peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
At the front, the scooter feature twin headlamps setup mounted on the apron. While the turn-signal indicators are mounted on the handlebar cowl. The SR 160 features an aggressive and sleek looking design appealing to younger-generation buyers.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is done via a disc brake setup at the front and a drum brake setup at the rear.
The scooter features a (CBS) combined-braking system as well. The SR 160 feature 12-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres giving the scooter impressive handling capabilities.
Thoughts About The 2021 Aprilia SR 160 Launch Timeline Revealed
The Aprilia SR 160 is the brand premium scooter offering in the Indian market. With all the updates made to the scooter, the pricing of the scooter is also expected to increase as well. The Aprilia SR 160 is already a scooter with a premium price tag, that is nearing most 200cc motorcycles sold in the Indian market.