- 51 min ago Honda Cars Price Hike Announced: Amaze Prices Increase By Rs 1.12 lakh — Model-Wise Price List
- 1 hr ago New Tata Tiago NRG Launched In India At Rs 6.57 Lakh: New Exterior Design, Colours & More Available
- 16 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- 17 hrs ago BMW 740Li M Sport Individual Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.42 Crore: 335bhp, Twin Turbo Engine
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan Cast: Character Details Of Aishwarya Rai, Vikram, Karthi, Trisha & Others Leaked!
- News MP floods update: Over 1,200 villages affected, Amit Shah speaks to CM Chouhan
- Finance SBI Farmer Customers Can Now Apply For KCC Review Online On YONO: Here's How
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain: 'I am feeling bad about settling for bronze'
- Technology Realme GT 5G, Master Edition Series India Launch On August 18; Realme 8 Series Also Launching?
- Lifestyle On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
The KTM 1290 Super Duke RR has been sold out in just 48 minutes. Yes you read that right. It took just 48 minutes to sell all 500 units of the limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR. The 500 units were sold through an online sale initiated by KTM. 500 lucky buyers will get to own this unique motorcycle and not even one of these 500 bikes will make it to the Indian market.
Now the limited-edition variant will find its way to an incredibly lucky few customers. The new limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR features a host of upgrades over the standard model. The standard model itself is quite a weapon with 180hp and 140Nm of torque from its 1,301cc, 75-degree, LC8 V-twin engine. The limited-edition RR model takes it up a notch by shaving almost 9kgs from the kerb weight to achieve the magnificent 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
The weight saving was done by using carbon fibre for the seats, replacing the standard wheels with forged aluminium wheels - which saves almost 1.5 kgs, and using a Titanium Akrapovic exhaust system. This resulted in a kerb weight of 180 kgs.
The upgrades include extensive use of CFRP, revised chassis with WP Apex Pro 7117 steering Damper, WP Apex Pro 7548 Close Cartridge forks and WP Apex Pro 7746 shock absorbers at the rear.
The electronics suite has also been tweaked further with track and performance riding modes, these modes allow for more flexibility in adjusting the rear wheel slip, throttle response, launch control and motor slip regulation.
Despite the 500 units being sold in just 48-minutes, the chances of seeing one on Indian roads is next to impossible. KTM doesn't sell the standard 1290 Super Duke in India, hence the online sale for the more extreme RR version wouldn't be open to Indian buyers. However, it is yet to be seen if anybody would import it into India.
Thoughts On 500 Units KTM 1290 Super Duke RR Being Sold In Just 48 Minutes
It is not very surprising to see the limited edition of KTM 1290 Super Duke RR being sold out in under an hour. There are hardcore motorcycling fanatics across severa international markets who know the exclusivity of a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio on a naked/streetfighter motorcycle. For now, we can only wish to ride one of these some day.