- 1 hr ago Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- News Indian Railways cancels 28 trains from May 9: Check list
- Sports UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson fight card, date, India time and where to watch
- Movies Shanthanu Bhagyaraj Reveals His Parents K Bhagyaraj And Poornima Test Positive For COVID-19; See Tweet
- Finance Ethereum Joins The Club Of Top 5 Financial Services Globally By Value
- Technology Oppo Enco Air TWS Earphones, Band Vitality Edition Go Official; Price, Features
- Lifestyle Virasat Actress Pooja Batra Inspires Us To Style Up Our Wardrobe With Her Top 5 Dresses
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
The KTM 1290 Super Duke RR has been sold out in just 48 minutes. Yes you read that right. It took just 48 minutes to sell all 500 units of the limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR. The 500 units were sold through an online sale initiated by KTM. 500 lucky buyers will get to own this unique motorcycle and not even one of these 500 bikes will make it to the Indian market.
Now the limited-edition variant will find its way to an incredibly lucky few customers. The new limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR features a host of upgrades over the standard model. The standard model itself is quite a weapon with 180hp and 140Nm of torque from its 1,301cc, 75-degree, LC8 V-twin engine. The limited-edition RR model takes it up a notch by shaving almost 9kgs from the kerb weight to achieve the magnificent 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
The weight saving was done by using carbon fibre for the seats, replacing the standard wheels with forged aluminium wheels - which saves almost 1.5 kgs, and using a Titanium Akrapovic exhaust system. This resulted in a kerb weight of 180 kgs.
The upgrades include extensive use of CFRP, revised chassis with WP Apex Pro 7117 steering Damper, WP Apex Pro 7548 Close Cartridge forks and WP Apex Pro 7746 shock absorbers at the rear.
The electronics suite has also been tweaked further with track and performance riding modes, these modes allow for more flexibility in adjusting the rear wheel slip, throttle response, launch control and motor slip regulation.
Despite the 500 units being sold in just 48-minutes, the chances of seeing one on Indian roads is next to impossible. KTM doesn't sell the standard 1290 Super Duke in India, hence the online sale for the more extreme RR version wouldn't be open to Indian buyers. However, it is yet to be seen if anybody would import it into India.
Thoughts On 500 Units KTM 1290 Super Duke RR Being Sold In Just 48 Minutes
It is not very surprising to see the limited edition of KTM 1290 Super Duke RR being sold out in under an hour. There are hardcore motorcycling fanatics across severa international markets who know the exclusivity of a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio on a naked/streetfighter motorcycle. For now, we can only wish to ride one of these some day.