- 13 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Shilpa Shetty Shares Heartwarming Welcome Back Post For Her Sister Shamita Shetty
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
KTM India seems to be gearing up for the launch of the 790 Adventure motorcycle in India. Ahead of its launch, the 790 ADV was spotted arriving at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Pune.
The KTM 790 Adventure Motorcycle was first showcased at the 2019 IBW in Goa, along with the 390 Adventure. However, the launch of the bigger capacity adventure-motorcycle is likely to happen in the coming weeks.
KTM could bring the adventure motorcycle via the CKD (Completely Knocked-Down) route, similar to the 790 Duke's arrival. As a result, the 790 Adventure could be priced well over Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Features & Electronic Rider Aids
The 790 Adventure borrows its design cues from its elder sibling, the 1290 Adventure. However, there are some revisions made to the headlamp cluster.
- All-LED lighting
- Tall adjustable windscreen
- Wide seats
- Off-road biased footpegs
- Rear luggage rack
- Raised handlebars
- Spoked wheels
The 790 Adventure also comes with a suite of rider electronics that can be controlled via a TFT instrument cluster and switchgear on the handlebar. The electronic rider aids include:
- Three riding modes: Rain, Road, and Off-Road
- Cornering & off-road ABS
- Traction Control
Engine, Suspension & Brakes
The motorcycle comes powered by the same 799cc parallel-twin engine as the 790 Duke albeit in a different state of tune to suit the adventure-tourer nature. The engine produces a maximum power output of 94bhp at 8,250RPM and a peak torque output of 88Nm at 6,600RPM; paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assisted clutch.
Suspension duties on the adventure motorcycle are handled by a 43mm non-adjustable upside-down fork at the front, while the rear features a preload-adjustable mono-shock, both units sourced from WP.
The KTM 790 Adventure rides on a spoked 21-inch wheel up front and a spoked 18-inch wheel at the rear. It also gets dual-purpose tyres to handle both on and off-road terrain.
- Front: dual 320mm disc brakes with 4-piston caliper
- Rear: single 260mm disc brake with 2-piston caliper
Thoughts About The KTM 790 Adventure Spied Ahead Of India Launch
The demand for adventure motorcycles is constantly increasing in the country. This is because of the versatility that the ADV motorcycle offer for city commutes, long-distance journeys and to continue forward when the tarmac ends and off-road begins. As a result, the 790 Adventure is among the most-anticipated launches in the Indian market.
Image Source: IAmABiker