- 43 min ago Kawasaki Bike Prices Hiked For The Third Time This Year: Model-Wise New Vs Old Price List
- 2 hrs ago Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
- 2 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift India Launch On August 17: Expected Price, Changes, New Features & More
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Sports India vs England: Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav, Jayant Yadav to travel to UK as replacements
- Technology Maxima Max Pro X4 Review: Well-Built, Feature-Loaded Smartwatch
- News Traffic on South Western Railway remains affected for second day due to landslides, derailment
- Movies Lucifer Remake: Here's The Latest Update Of Chiranjeevi-Mohan Raja’s Film!
- Education Want To Become A Tattoo Artist? Check Out Skills Required And Career Opportunities
- Finance 4 Stocks That Broking Firms Are Bullish And Have A "Buy" Rating
- Lifestyle Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
Mayur Shelke, who is a railway pointsman, became a hero after saving a child's life who fell on the railway track while a train was approaching. Shelke jumped in front of a speeding train to save the child and this incident was captured on CCTV. Anupam Thareja, director of Jawa Motorcycles, after seeing the footage, has awarded Shelke a Jawa forty-two.
Jawa representatives went to Mayur Shelke's home and handed over a brand-new Jawa to him. Mayur and his family were present to receive the gift from Jawa. Anupam Thareja also tweeted that the Jawa Heroes initiative recognises real heroes from all corners of India and that the company is honoured to have him ride as a part of the Jawa Community.
Earlier this year, Jawa launched the 2021 Jawa forty-two motorcycle in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 1.84 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It also comes with a host of new features, slight cosmetic updates and three new paint schemes. The motorcycle that was gifted to Mayur Shelke was Nebula Blue in colour.
The updated motorcycle now comes standard with bar-end mirrors, a wider and more comfortable seat for both rider and pillion, redesigned side stand, alloy wheels with tubeless tyres and more. Jawa Motorcycles will be offering a headlamp grille and fly-screen as accessories as well.
Mechanically, the updated 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine on the Forty-two now produces 27bhp of power at 6800rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine is paired to the same six-speed gearbox. Braking is now handled by discs at both ends, with dual-channel ABS offered as standard. The motorcycle is now 2kg lighter weighing in at 172 kilograms (kerb weight), further improving handling and performance.
Thoughts About Jawa Gifting The Forty-Two To Mayur Shelke For His Bravery
Jawa has done a very kind thing by gifting a motorcycle to Mayur Shelke for his bravery. However, this is a very small token of appreciation that has been done for what the man did, put his life on the line to save another.