- 1 hr ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 1 day ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- News Now reported in 85 countries, delta variant expected to become dominant lineage
- Technology Microsoft Windows 11 With Design Overhaul Releasing Today; Event Time, Livestream Details
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Pensioners Can Now Get Pension Slip Via WhatsApp, SMS & Mail
- Movies Grahan Web Series Review: The Period Drama Tells An Emotional Tale Brimming From Chaos
- Sports WTC Final: Taylor, Southee and retiring Watling rejoice after World Test Championship win
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Lifestyle Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Shows Flower Power In Her Stylish Dress, Pretty Palazzo Set And Lovely Saree
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The Husqvarna Vektorr electric scooter has been unveiled. Husqvarna has taken the wraps off its Vektorr electric scooter concept based on the E-01 concept unveiled in 2020. The Vektorr will be based on the bajaj Chetak electric scooter and is likely to be powered by the same electric motor as well. The Husqvarna Vektorr will be built at Bajaj's factory near Pune.
Husqvarna is known for its pedigree off-road motorcycles. The brand has a long history of off-road racing and makes some brilliant off-road motorcycles. Husqvarna also makes motorcycles for the road. The brand's road-going motorcycles are known for their handling prowess and power delivery.
In recent times though, Husqvarna has been showing keen interest in electric vehicles. In 2020, Husqvarna revealed the E-01 electric scooter concept. It was a concept with a funky design, lots of curves, and carried a retro-futuristic look.
More recently, Husqvarna revealed the E-Pilen concept which is eventually expected to become Husqvarna's first electric motorcycle. A couple of days ago, reports revealed that the Swedish motorcycle manufacturer will delay its electric scooter launch by a year.
However, Husqvarna has now revealed its electric scooter. It is called the Vektorr. It does look close to being production-ready. The design and styling of the Husqvarna Vektorr is very similar to the E-01 concept from 2020.
It gets lots of curves and flowing panels. Up front is the signature Husqvarna circular LED headlamp surrounded by large, glossy panels. It does seem to have a sporty, yet upright riding posture. The mudguards cover almost half of the wheels and tyres.
The Husqvarna E-Pilen concept revealed in April featured swappable batteries. However, with the Vektorr electric scooter, there is no mention of swappable batteries. This is due to the fact that the Husqvarna Vektorr will be based on the underpinnings of the Bajaj Chetak.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is powered by a 48V/6.3Ah battery pack that sends power to a 4080W BLDC motor. It is this battery and motor combination that is also expected to power the Husqvarna Vektorr electric scooter. Several other components will also be shared between the two electric scooters.
Bajaj recently invested in a new plant to expand production of its premium range of products. KTM motorcycles and Husqvarna motorcycles are expected to be produced in this new plant. We expect all electric vehicles produced by Bajaj, KTM and Husqvarna to be produced at the new plant as well.
Husqvarna was quoted as saying, "The Vektorr Concept is the first electric scooter ever produced by Husqvarna Motorcycles and is aimed squarely at the urban commuter who demands a compact, stylish and effective personal transport solution to fit their busy lifestyle."
It is expected to be launched in 2022. In the Indian market, the Husqvarna Vektorr will compete with the Ather 450X, TVS iQube, and Bajaj Chetak.
Thoughts On Husqvarna Vektorr Electric Scooter Concept Being Revealed
Husqvarna makes some brilliant motorcycles that please petrolheads. However, like all brands across the world, Husqvarna too knows that electric vehicles are the future. The Swedish brand is gunning for EVs and in just a few days' time has revealed an electric motorcycle and an electric scooter. The future of Husqvarna seems very electrifying indeed.