- 8 min ago 2021 KTM RC 390 Official Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Adjustable Suspension, TFT Display & More
- 1 hr ago New Maruti Suzuki Celerio Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch; Complete Design Leaked: Pics
- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- News Why the government wants to amend the Tribunal Reforms Bill 2021?
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Sourabh Raaj Jain’s Wife & Netizens Call His Elimination Unfair; Arjun Bijlani Reacts
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Emotional Tai Tzu Ying thanks PV Sindhu for consoling her after final loss
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 User Suffers Trauma After Phone Explodes; Is OnePlus Taking Responsibility?
- Finance Bitcoin Lightning Network: Important Things To Know
- Lifestyle Summer Outfits Of Katrina Kaif And Mrunal Thakur: Which Attire Will You Pick?
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
HOP Electric Mobility launches the Leo & Lyf electric scooters in India. Prices start at Rs 65,500, ex-showroom.
The scooters are available in three variants: Basic, Standard and Extended. With the HOP Leo, Extended being the top-model for now.
Electric Powertrain, Range & Performance
Regarding technology, the scooters feature dual Li-ion batteries that return a maximum riding range of 125km on a single charge.
The Leo gets a 2.7kw electric motor and manages a top speed of 60kph. The Lfy gets the lower-spec 2.0kw electric motor with a 50kph top speed. The scooters also feature a 72V architecture with a loading bearing capacity of 180kg.
Features & Accessories
Under-seat storage space is at 19.5 litres and comes with a host of equipment including park assist and reverse gear.
- Side stand sensor
- Three ride modes with reserve mode
- LED instrument console
- USB charging slot
- Remote key
- Anti-theft alarm
- Anti-theft wheel lock
The Leo has a premium appeal with LED DRLs and dual-tone graphics as compared to the Lfy. The company also offers additional accessories such as internet and GPS connectivity.
Battery Charging & Technology
Customers will be able to swap their discharged batteries with a fully charged one within 30 seconds. The HOP Electric Vehicles cover over 70 km on a single charge with an economical cost of just under 20 paise per km.
Further, HOP Electric aims to build charging stations across India. The sales and services along with the setting up of charging stations will be expanded to other states and cities.
The company is currently manufacturing electric scooters at its 40,000 square feet unit in Jaipur. It is capable of producing 50,000 vehicles per year, which can be expanded up to 1 lakh units. By the year 2022, the brand is planning to set up a new manufacturing unit in South India, which will have the capacity to produce a minimum of 5 lakh units per year.
The HOP Oxo electric motorcycle will feature a maximum riding range of 100km on a single charge and a top speed of 100kmph from a 7.2kW electric motor.
HOP Electric Mobility is gearing up to launch at least five models by the end of FY22 including the electric motorcycle.
A new service that features battery swapping and charging stations known as HOP Energy Network is under-development. Eligible electric vehicles can swap batteries from the HOP Energy Network for a quick recharge.
The pilot project in Jaipur has 5 swapping stations with 50 batteries each. Soon, the brand aims to set up these battery swapping stations across the country.
Ketan Mehta, CEO and founder of HOP Electric Mobility, said, "Since most millennials and now Gen Z individuals are now preferring sustainable yet convenient modes of transportation, these new product offerings will revolutionize the Indian e-mobility space. After months of R&D, our experts have furnished these two models with premium features and commendable battery range."
He further added, "We foresee hypergrowth in the e-mobility space and are looking forward to adding more products to our portfolio."
Thoughts About The HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India
The newly launched HOP Leo and Lyf are affordable and come with a host of features. The company is also offering connected technology, which will help in fleet management for B2B customers. The Leo and the Lyf rivals the Ampere Magnus Pro and the EeVe Atreo electric scooters in the Indian market.