- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology WhatsApp Working On New Feature To Transfer Chats From Android Phone To New iPhone
- News Weather Forecast for January 26: IMD predicts partly cloudy sky but no rain in Delhi on Republic Day 2022
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Japanese motorcycle manufacturer Honda has started the production of what it calls 'Midsize Fun model' engines at its fourth factory at Vithalapur, Gujarat. Production for the first year is set at 50,000 units and the capacity will be further scaled up as per market demand.
With an investment of over INR 135 Crores, the company claims that the new facility in Gujarat will meet the demand for 250cc and above sized engines from India and global markets like the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, Thailand, Australia and Gulf nations among others.
Speaking at the line-off ceremony, Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "As demand for mobility rises globally, Honda envisions further expansion of its exports footprint across the world. With the introduction of BSVI norms in India, we are a step closer to achieving this vision. Building products which are at par with global standards of manufacturing, this new expansion will allow HMSI to develop production capabilities to strengthen our direction of make in India, for the world."
Revealing a few more details at the inaugural ceremony, Ichiro Shimokawa, Chief Production Officer & Director, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. stated, "With the global engine line-off today, HMSI will take its current exports capacity to new heights both in terms of markets as well as global quality standards. As part of this expansion, we are introducing special processes across various manufacturing stages like machining, engine assembly and advanced storage systems. Building the capability from the ground up, best-in-class technology along with highly skilled manpower will ensure top quality standards. Starting off with close to 50,000 engine units in the first year, our aim is to further scale up as per market demand."
Honda claims that the implementation of new BS Vi emission norms along with new safety and performance standards have allowed it to start the production of global engines in India as the new standards are in line with those found in other places on the globe from where Honda makes these Midsize Fun model engines. The company states that the new engine manufacturing plant will ensure seamless integration of Honda's export capability with that of the global auto industry.
Honda claims that the new plant will address the challenges of current production standards with the help of best practices and standardized technologies for the future which will include the Machining process and the Engine assembly process.
The Machining process includes superfinishing by lapping process and a digital quality management system for seamless accuracy, along with an e-Daily Work Management System(e-DWM) for 100 percent Traceability of Parts & Processes.
The engine assembly process includes Precision-based laser marking for the engines, 100% Torque Recording, & an Advanced Firing bench for Engine testing, along with Vertical Carousels based advanced part storage system for optimized space utilization & 100% Part Traceability.
Thoughts On Honda's New Engine Plant
The new engine manufacturing plant in Gujarat gives Honda the capacity to ramp up production numbers at a time when many companies are slowing down. Honda's new plant will see the company push out even more midsize fun engines many of which should hopefully hit our roads as well.