- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 23 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Be A #BlueWarrior! Participate In Josh App's Campaign To Help India's COVID Warriors
- Sports WTC Final: NZ will have the advantage but we have the potential to win the Championship: Pujara
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has teased the Gold Wind BS6 in India. The brand's premium Big Wing dealership has posted the teaser on its social media handle. The teaser image says "Gold For Garage Wind For Road, Coming Soon."
- The BS6 Honda Gold Wing will most likely be a (CBU) Completely Built-Up unit
- The 2021MY of the tourer receives a new updated infotainment system
- Two variants: Standard & Tour
- Honda introduces the new Deep Pearl Grey colour scheme on the standard variant
- Deep Pearl Grey
- Gunmetal Black Metallic
- Candy Ardent Red (DCT only)
- 45-Watt new speakers for better audio quality
- Top-Box on the Tour variant feature additional 11-litres of storage
- Redesigned pillion seat with thicker foam on the Tour variant
- Suede seat cover on the Honda Gold Wing Tour
- A tank-mounted airbag
- Hill Start Assist
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system
- Reverse Gear
- Smart Key
- Honda Smartphone Voice Control System
The Honda Gold Wing BS6 motorcycle is expected to arrive in the coming weeks. Because of the CBU route, the motorcycle will have an appropriate price tag of around Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom.
2021 Honda Gold Wing Updates
The 2021 Model Year of the motorcycle has not drastically changed over the previous model of the Gold Wing. However, there are a few changes to the new cruiser motorcycle.
The Honda Gold Wing is one of the most iconic motorcycles available across the globe. It is mostly recognized by its disctictive front-end styling with the dual-pod headlamps. Other features include LED DRLs, a larger adjustable windscreen, and a headlamp cowl with integrated rear-view mirrors.
Looking at the motorcycle from the side, it carries forward the long-wheelbase design with exhausts running along the length of the motorcycle. At the rear, it includes LED taillamps, pannier boxes on either end along with a top box. This translates to total storage of 61-litres on the Gold Wing Tour variant.
The cruiser motorcycle also features a semi-digital instrument cluster with a 7.0-inch TFT display. It is one of the few motorcycles to feature Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The media screen is flanked on either side by analogue dials and three other small screens to offer a host of information to the rider.
The Honda Gold Wing continues to be powered by a flat-six liquid-cooled 1833cc engine. It produces a maximum of 124.7bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 170Nm at 4500rpm. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic.
Suspension duties on the Gold Wing are handled by a double-wishbone unit at the front and a mono-shock Prolink unit at the rear. The Tour variant gets the electronically adjustable rear suspension for pre-load.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via dual 320mm disc brakes with 6-piston floating callipers at the front and a single 316mm disc brake with a 3-pot calliper at the rear. The motorcycle features heavy-duty braking because it tips the scale at 366kg and 385kg (kerb), respectively for the Standard and Tour variant.
Indian Import Rules
Honda will be taking advantage of the new import rules announced in India. It dictates that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation.
However, all vehicles imported into the country will have to meet International Automotive Standards. This will help reduce the costs and streamline the import of vehicles into the country.
Thoughts About The Honda Gold Wing BS6 India Launch Teaser
The Honda Gold Wing has been teased ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The brand's flagship motorcycle is arriving at the Indian shores in an all-new avatar. The Honda Gold Wing is one of the few iconic cruiser motorcycles from the other side of the pond.