- 3 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 5 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 5 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Movies Bigg Boss 14's Eijaz Khan Surprises Pavitra Punia On Her Birthday; Couple Enjoy Intimate Celebration At Home
- Sports IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer T Natarajan ruled out of tournament due to knee injury - Reports
- News EC bans roadshows, bike rallies in Bengal; public meetings restricted to 500 people
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced the achievement of a new milestone in its 20th year of operation. The company stated that its cumulative two-wheelers sales in South India have now crossed over 1.5 crore units mark, since its inception in 2001.
The company also announced that they continue to enjoy being the number one two-wheeler brand in the southern region of the country. This includes Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry and the Union Territories of Andaman.
Honda Two-Wheeler India also stated that the company has taken 20 years to achieve the 1.5 crore sales milestone. Of this, the first 75 lakh sales took 15 years to achieve (2001 - 2016). However, the latest 75 lakh sales have taken just 5 years (2017 - 2021); registering 3 times faster growth & acceptance of their products in the southern region.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"We thank our 1.5 Crore customers for making Honda their first choice of mobility in the South... This trust and loyalty earned in 2 decades has catapulted Honda to become the No. 1 brand in the region. From our first all-India dealership inauguration to our biggest Indian production facility in this region, South has always been very close to Honda's heart."
"Today, the South region continues to lead the two-wheeler demand momentum for us. In future as well, expect a lot of excitement from Honda across both - the trusted Red Wing (domestic scooters & motorcycles line-up) and exclusive Silver Wing (Premium motorcycles ranging from 300cc to 1800cc)."
The company also stated that the south region is the largest contributor to the brand's overall sales in the country. The Honda Activa and the Dio scooter models carry the highest demand in the market, bringing in the most number of volume sales month-on-month.
Alongside the brand's domestic bike and scooter lineup, the company also has multiple premium dealerships across the region as well. Honda currently operates one BigWing Topline and 5 BigWing showrooms which exclusively cater to the 300cc - 1800cc two-wheeler segment in the country.
Thoughts On The Honda Two-Wheeler Sales In South India
South India is the largest contributor to Honda's two-wheelers sales in the country. The 1.5 crore sales mark is a major milestone achievement for the brand, with high expectations to improve demand even further in the coming years.