- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 12 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 12 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Finance 3 Debt Funds Whose Returns Have Beaten Bank FDs
- Movies Mother's Day 2021 Exclusive! Flora Saini: My Mom And Me Are Soulmates, We Have Seen The Ups & Downs Together
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Hero MotoCorp has announced that its manufacturing operations will be temporarily suspended in the country. The company has taken the decision to halt operation due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country.
According to the company's statement, each plant and Global Parts Center (GPC) will remain shut for four days. This will be carried out in a staggered manner between April 22 and May 1 depending on the respective local situation of Covid-19 cases.
However, all their corporate offices will remain functional. Employees working in corporate offices are already working from their homes. The company is allowing very limited colleagues to offices on a rotation basis for the continuity of essential services.
The statement issued by the company said, "In keeping with its commitment to the safety and welfare of its people, Hero MotoCorp has decided to proactively halt operations temporarily at all of its manufacturing facilities across the country, including its Global Parts Center (GPC), in view of the ongoing escalation in the spread of Covid-19 across the country."
"The Company will utilize these shut-down days to carry out necessary maintenance work in the manufacturing plants. The shutdown will not impact the company's ability to meet the demand, which has been impacted due to localized shut-downs in many states and production loss will be compensated during the remainder of the quarter. All plants will resume normal operations post this short shutdown period."
The company has assured that the temporary halt in production will not impact the numbers. It will bring the numbers up by the end of the quarter. Hero MotoCorp will be utilizing these 4 days to carry out preventive maintenance in all the plants. This will ensure smooth working for the upcoming heavy days of production.
Thoughts About The Hero MotoCorp Suspending Operations Over Rising Cases In The Country
The second wave of Covid-19 pandemic in India has forced many automakers to either suspend operations temporarily or continue production with very little manpower. The Government has now announced a lockdown on many states and cities in the country to curb the spread of the deadly virus.