- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 16 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- Movies Sonu Sood Expresses Grief Over COVID-19 Patient's Death Whom He Had Got Airlifted To Hyderabad
- News Kejriwal demands 2.6 crore vaccine doses for inoculation of all in Delhi in next 3 months
- Finance Aadhaar Update: UIDAI Reveals 2 New Ways To Check Aadhaar Card Status
- Sports Familiar foes: Man City and Chelsea get set for latest Champions League final rehearsal
- Technology COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Gets Four-Digit Code: How To Register On CoWIN?
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Hero MotoCorp has announced that its manufacturing operations will be temporarily suspended in the country. The company has taken the decision to halt operation due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country.
According to the company's statement, each plant and Global Parts Center (GPC) will remain shut for four days. This will be carried out in a staggered manner between April 22 and May 1 depending on the respective local situation of Covid-19 cases.
However, all their corporate offices will remain functional. Employees working in corporate offices are already working from their homes. The company is allowing very limited colleagues to offices on a rotation basis for the continuity of essential services.
The statement issued by the company said, "In keeping with its commitment to the safety and welfare of its people, Hero MotoCorp has decided to proactively halt operations temporarily at all of its manufacturing facilities across the country, including its Global Parts Center (GPC), in view of the ongoing escalation in the spread of Covid-19 across the country."
"The Company will utilize these shut-down days to carry out necessary maintenance work in the manufacturing plants. The shutdown will not impact the company's ability to meet the demand, which has been impacted due to localized shut-downs in many states and production loss will be compensated during the remainder of the quarter. All plants will resume normal operations post this short shutdown period."
The company has assured that the temporary halt in production will not impact the numbers. It will bring the numbers up by the end of the quarter. Hero MotoCorp will be utilizing these 4 days to carry out preventive maintenance in all the plants. This will ensure smooth working for the upcoming heavy days of production.
Thoughts About The Hero MotoCorp Suspending Operations Over Rising Cases In The Country
The second wave of Covid-19 pandemic in India has forced many automakers to either suspend operations temporarily or continue production with very little manpower. The Government has now announced a lockdown on many states and cities in the country to curb the spread of the deadly virus.