- 12 min ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Expansion To 20 Cities Planned: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Patents The PCX Electric Scooter In India: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 & V4S Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQT Electric Van Revealed: Gorgeous Electric Van From Mercedes-Benz
- Movies Broken But Beautiful 3 Poster: Sidharth Shukla As Agastya Is At His Intense Best
- Sports Australian players involved in suspended IPL may return home from Maldives on May 16: Report
- News That irritating message on vaccination when you have none: Delhi HC tells Centre
- Technology Redmi Note 10S Vs Redmi Note 10 Pro Vs Redmi Note 10: Which One Should You Buy
- Finance Akshaya Tritiya 2021: 3 Quick Ways To Buy Gold Via Payment Wallets
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Nagaland in May
- Education UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2021 Postponed, Exam To Be Held On October 10
- Lifestyle Parshuram Jayanti 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
Hero MotoCorp and Gogoro Inc. have announced a strategic partnership to accelerate the shift to sustainable electric mobility in India. Through this partnership, the companies will establish a battery swapping joint venture to bring Gogoro's industry-leading battery swapping platform to India. It will also collaborate on electric vehicle development to bring Hero-branded, powered by Gogoro Network vehicles to market.
Commenting on the new partnership, Pawan Munjal, Chairman and CEO, Hero MotoCorp, said, "Our strategic partnership with Gogoro is in line with our Vision - ‘Be the Future of Mobility which we are bringing alive through our Mission to ‘Create, Collaborate & Inspire'. Today marks another major milestone in our journey, as we bring Hero's leadership in two-wheelers, our Global scale and innovation powerhouse, with the leadership of Gogoro in the Swapping business model, as they have demonstrated over the years in Taiwan and the rest of the world."
"This partnership will further extend the work, which we are doing at our R&D hubs at the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur & our Tech Centre in Germany. The vision and commitment of Hero and Gogoro is perfectly aligned towards the common goal of accelerating the shift to Smart, Sustainable electric mobility in India, and around the World. With this new partnership, we commit to introducing a sustainable mobility paradigm, first in India and then in other markets around the world. This partnership will strengthen and expedite the Indian government's electrification drive and will have a significant impact on India's energy and mobility future" he further added.
"We are at a critical stage in the transformation of urban mobility and the evolution of smart cities. With more than 225 million gas-powered two-wheel vehicles in India, the need for smart and sustainable electric transportation and refuelling is vital," said Horace Luke, Founder & CEO, Gogoro Inc. "The Hero-Gogoro partnership addresses these challenges and will leverage Hero's market strength and Gogoro's industry-leading innovations to deliver smart vehicles and refuel with Gogoro Network battery swapping."
Thoughts About The Partnership between Hero MotoCorp and Gogoro Inc.
The partnership brings together Hero, the world's largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, and Gogoro, the global leader in urban battery swapping and smart mobility innovation. However, it is good to see manufacturers like Hero encouraging the use of electric vehicles for a better environment.