- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 3 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 21 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 23 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- News From PM Modi to President Kovind, congratulatory messages pour in for Olympic silver medallist Ravi Dahiya
- Sports Tokyo Olympics, India Schedule for August 6: Women’s hockey eye bronze as Bajrang Punia starts campaign
- Technology Vivo Y53s Launch Could Take Place On August 9; Expected Price, Features In India
- Movies Lara Dutta Reveals Akshay Kumar Insisted Her To Play Indira Gandhi In Bell Bottom
- Finance Ethereum London Fork: Important Things To Know
- Education Tamil Nadu Approves 7.5% Reservation In Engineering Colleges For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Hero Electric drops the prices of its scooters by up to Rs 15,600 after the FAME II Incentive revision. The Optima HX dual-battery variant is now priced at Rs 58,990, ex-showroom (India).
Variants & Pricing
|Model||FAME II Subsidy Revised Price||Old Price|
|Optima HX (Dual Battery)||₹58,980||₹74,660|
|Optima HX (Single Battery)||₹53,600||₹61,640|
Bookings for the Optimax HX electric scooter can be made online at the brand's website for a token amount of Rs 2,999.
Speaking about the Optima HX, the electric scooter is part of the brand's high-speed model offering. The difference between both variants of the scooter is down to an additional battery pack on the higher variant. All other features and specification remain the same.
Regarding specifications of the scooter, the Optima HX feature 550W BLDC electric motor paired to a 51.2V / 30Ah Lithium-ion battery pack. This gives a maximum riding range of 82 kilometres and 122 kilometres on the single and dual battery variant, respectively.
The battery pack is portable and features quick charging as well. Each battery can be charged from 0 to 100 per cent in 5 hours. The top speed of the scooter is rated at 42kmph
Features & Mechanicals
The Optima HX features regenerative braking that increases the riding range of the scooter. Some of the other highlighting features include:
- Fully-digital instrument cluster
- LED headlamp
- LED taillamp
- Remote lock with anti-theft
- USB charging port
- Portable battery
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled via telescopic fork at the front and dual-shock unit at the rear. Braking is done via drum brake at both ends. The scooter also features alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres.
FAME II Subsidy Revision
The Indian Government increased the incentives for electric two-wheelers in India. The subsidy is now increased by 50per cent at Rs 15,000 per kWh from Rs 10,000 per kWh of the battery pack used in the electric scooter.
Apart from Hero Electric, a few other two-wheeler EV makers in India have reduced the price of their scooters as well including Okinawa Autotech. Here is the model-wise price list.
Thoughts About The Hero Electric Scooter Prices Slashed Due To FAME 2 Subsidy Revision
The Hero Optima HX is especially popular among younger buyers in the country. The price drop will help students looking to purchase an electric scooter as the prices have gone by Rs 15,000. Hero Electric joins the list of EV makers announcing a price drop after the FAME 2 incentive revision.