- 14 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Madhya Pradesh: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s museum in Jabalpur central jail barracks opened for public
- Technology WhatsApp Working On New Feature To Transfer Chats From Android Phone To New iPhone
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Hero Electric drops the prices of its scooters by up to Rs 15,600 after the FAME II Incentive revision. The Optima HX dual-battery variant is now priced at Rs 58,990, ex-showroom (India).
Variants & Pricing
|Model||FAME II Subsidy Revised Price||Old Price|
|Optima HX (Dual Battery)||₹58,980||₹74,660|
|Optima HX (Single Battery)||₹53,600||₹61,640|
Bookings for the Optimax HX electric scooter can be made online at the brand's website for a token amount of Rs 2,999.
Speaking about the Optima HX, the electric scooter is part of the brand's high-speed model offering. The difference between both variants of the scooter is down to an additional battery pack on the higher variant. All other features and specification remain the same.
Regarding specifications of the scooter, the Optima HX feature 550W BLDC electric motor paired to a 51.2V / 30Ah Lithium-ion battery pack. This gives a maximum riding range of 82 kilometres and 122 kilometres on the single and dual battery variant, respectively.
The battery pack is portable and features quick charging as well. Each battery can be charged from 0 to 100 per cent in 5 hours. The top speed of the scooter is rated at 42kmph
Features & Mechanicals
The Optima HX features regenerative braking that increases the riding range of the scooter. Some of the other highlighting features include:
- Fully-digital instrument cluster
- LED headlamp
- LED taillamp
- Remote lock with anti-theft
- USB charging port
- Portable battery
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled via telescopic fork at the front and dual-shock unit at the rear. Braking is done via drum brake at both ends. The scooter also features alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres.
FAME II Subsidy Revision
The Indian Government increased the incentives for electric two-wheelers in India. The subsidy is now increased by 50per cent at Rs 15,000 per kWh from Rs 10,000 per kWh of the battery pack used in the electric scooter.
Apart from Hero Electric, a few other two-wheeler EV makers in India have reduced the price of their scooters as well including Okinawa Autotech. Here is the model-wise price list.
Thoughts About The Hero Electric Scooter Prices Slashed Due To FAME 2 Subsidy Revision
The Hero Optima HX is especially popular among younger buyers in the country. The price drop will help students looking to purchase an electric scooter as the prices have gone by Rs 15,000. Hero Electric joins the list of EV makers announcing a price drop after the FAME 2 incentive revision.