- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
The Hero Electric AE-47 electric motorcycle, which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020, will be one of Hero Electric's premium products which will be launched in the Indian Market. However, according to the latest report by CarandBike, Naveen Munjal, MD, Hero Electric has said that the AE-47 electric motorcycle is ready for production, but its launch will be delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is likely to launch sometime early next year.
The Hero Electric AE-47 once launched in India would be priced at a premium of around Rs 2 lakh. This makes it inaccessible for the majority of its customers. Munjal also stated that at this premium price point, customers demand high performance, which results in the batteries draining out faster.
To get over this problem, electric motorcycle manufacturers will either have to invest in higher-capacity batteries or setting up charging infrastructures across the country; both of which will result in an increase in the overall cost of the electric motorcycle as well. Also, another factor to consider is the relatively high price of replacement of batteries after their lifecycle.
Mechanically, talking about the Hero electric motorcycle itself, the AE-47 comes powered by a 4kW electric motor mated to a 3.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motorcycle offers two riding modes: Eco and Sport, with the maximum range, claimed to be at 160km on a single charge (in Eco mode).
Thoughts About The Hero Electric Motorcycle AE-47 India Launch Delayed
Due to the second wave of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, a lot of new launches have been delayed. The company feels that the electric motorcycle segment is at a very nascent stage and that the electric scooter faring much better in the market, given the current situation. The Hero Electric AE-47 motorcycle once introduced in India will go up against the likes of the Revolt RV400 and maybe even the Ultraviolette F77 as well.