- 9 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- Movies Dadasaheb Phalke Awardee Art Director, Leeladhar Sawant Passes Away At 70
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Technology Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Hero MotoCorp has announced a price hike on its entire scooter and bike range in India. Prices will be increased by up to Rs 3,000 depending on the model and the variant. New prices will be effective from September 2021.
The exact price increase of the model will be revealed later this month. However, we reckon the brand's flagship motorcycles, the XPulse 200 & 200T and the Xtreme 200S could receive the maximum price hike of Rs 3,000.
Expected Prices From September 2021
|Model||Current Price||New Price (Expected)|
|Xpulse 200||Rs 1,20,800||Rs 1,23,800|
|Xpulse 200T||Rs 1,18,300||Rs 1,21,300|
|Xtreme 200S||Rs 1,24,014||Rs 1,27,014|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Commenting on the price hike, Hero MotoCorp stated, "Hero MotoCorp will make an upward revision in the ex-showroom prices of its motorcycles and scooters, with effect from September 20, 2021. The price hike has been necessitated to offset the impact of steadily increasing commodity prices."
"The price hike across the range of motorcycles and scooters will be up to Rs. 3,000. The exact quantum of increase will depend on the model and the market. With several positive indicators, the Company remains optimistic about demand as it gears up for the upcoming festive season," they concluded.
The company has increased the prices for the third time this year. Earlier in July, the prices of the entire range went up by up to Rs 3,000. Within just two months, prices will be hiked again for the same amount.
The rising costs of raw materials and logistics due to the increase in fuel prices have forced auto manufacturers to increase the price of their products. Many brands have issued multiple price hikes this year including Hero MotoCorp.
Hero MotoCorp has entered into a partnership with the Taiwan-based electric scooter manufacturer Gogoro recently. The Indian manufacturer is looking to enter the electric two-wheeler segment by next year in the country.
According to the partnership between both brand's Hero MotoCorp will only leverage the battery technology from Gogoro to introduce an indigenous product in the country. However, the company could also look at launching a few of the electric scooter Gogoro in the Indian market, probably under the new name — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced From September 2021
This is the third price hike issued by the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. The reason behind the price increase has remained the same, which is the increase in costs for raw materials since the Covid-19 pandemic.
The abrupt halt in operations has also caused a difference between the demand and supply as well in the country. Amidst the rising fuel and product prices, will Hero MotoCorp's foray into the EV segment makes sense? Drop-in your comments below.