- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
The American based two-wheeler manufacturer, Harley Davidson, has revealed the much-awaited Pan America 1250 and 1250 Special motorcycles. The Pan America unveil marks the brand's entry into the adventure-motorcycle segment.
The company has launched two variants of the Pan America motorcycle called the standard and the special. The standard variant of the adventure motorcycle is more on-road biased. However, the special variant features a more off-road biased setup with electronically adjustable suspension, spoked wheels and more.
Both variants of the motorcycle are powered by the new Revolution® Max 1250 engine. The liquid-cooled, V-twin-cylinder 1250cc produces a maximum of 149bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 127Nm at 6750rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission along with an assist and slip clutch.
The Pan America features all-around LED lighting with DRLs, USB C-Type, and a 6.8-inch TFT display. The instrument cluster displays gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, low temp alert, side stand down alert, TIP over alert, cruise, range and tachometer indication. The instrument cluster of the motorcycle is a touchscreen unit that disables when the vehicle is in motion.
The motorcycle also features Bluetooth capability, which enables phone pairing to access phone calls, music, navigation via the mobile phone application. The adventure motorcycle also features a 21.2-litre long-range fuel tank.
The Pan America motorcycle comes with five riding modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Off-road, and one customisable riding mode. In addition to this, the Special variant of the motorcycle features two additional ride modes called the Off-road Plus and a customisable Off-road Plus mode. On the Pan America Special, the riding modes also adjust the semi-active suspension.
Other rider electronics on the motorcycle include lean-sensitive ABS, traction control, linked braking, and torque slip control. It even gets hill hold control as standard. The Pan America Special features handguards with integrated turn signals, an adjustable windscreen, a beefy aluminium skid plate, engine crash bars and a huge upswept end can.
Suspension duties on both variants are handled by a 47mm inverted fork at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Both units can be adjusted for compression, rebound and spring preload. Additionally, the Pan America Special features electronic adjustability.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via 320mm dual-disc brakes with radially mounted, monoblock, 4-piston calliper at the front and a single 280mm with floating, single-piston calliper at the rear. The motorcycle features Michelin Scorcher "Adventure" tyres at both ends.
Both variants of the motorcycle feature a long list of genuine accessories provided by the brand. This includes hard and soft luggage options, new exhaust, tank bag, panniers, top box and more.
Thoughts About The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 & 1250 Special Globally Unveiled
Adventure-touring motorcycles have become popular across the country. Catering to the growing demand, Harley-Davidson enters the segment with a well-packed performance adventure tourer. The company is expected to launch the Pan America motorcycle sometime next year in the Indian market.