- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Hero MotoCorp has expanded the sales and service centres of Harley-Davidson India. The Indian brand partnered with the iconic American brand last year to continue the latter's India operations.
Since then, Hero MotoCorp is responsible for Harley-Davidson's operations in India. This includes both sales and service.
The announcement regarding the expansion of Harley-Davidson's sales and service centres in India was made by Hero MotoCorp, and at present, under the watchful eyes of Hero MotoCorp, the American brand has fourteen retail dealerships and seven service centres across India.
Speaking about the PanAmerica 1250, it is Harley-Davidson's first attempt at the highly competitive adventure-touring segment and despite that, it has been an immense success not only in home soil but in Indian soil as well with the first shipments being sold out completely.
The PanAmerica 1250 stays true to its heritage with its iconic V-twin engine. The engine is a 1,252cc unit dubbed the Revolution Max and produces 150hp at 9,000rpm and 128Nm at 6,750rpm. The power and torque is sent to the rear wheels via a six-speed gearbox with slipper clutch.
However, the new engine in the PanAmerica 1250 is a DOHC unit with four-valves per head configuration and features a unique (unique for a Harley-Davidson) short-stroke engine.
"The Pan America 1250 is one of the most anticipated motorcycles of 2021. Considering it is Harley-Davidson's first foray into the adventure-touring segment, the Pan America motorcycle has already generated immense excitement among customers. With the first shipment being completely sold out, it is truly heart-warming to see how the market has responded to the product. With the Harley-Davidson India dealer network now fully operational, our next objective is to resume the H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) events." Said Mr Ravi Avalur, Head of Premium Segment Business Unit, Hero MotoCorp.
He further added that the company is gearing up for the next annual Rally, which is to be held in Goa and is scheduled between February 3-5, 2022.
Speaking on the occasion, Sajeev Rajasekharan, the Managing Director, Asia Emerging Markets and India, Harley-Davidson said, "We are excited for Harley-Davidson fans and motorcycle enthusiasts in India to experience the Pan America 1250. More than a century ago, Harley-Davidson stood for adventure and continues to do so until today as we present our first adventure touring motorcycle. Offering a differentiated riding experience, we invite adventure seekers to find their freedom across new terrains and experience India on this new motorcycle."
The announcement further shed some more light on Harley-Davidson's upcoming model for the Indian market. According to the company, the Harley-Davidson Sportster will arrive by the end of this year.
To add to the excitement, this upcoming Harley-Davidson Sportster S along with the Harley-Davidson's thirteen other models in its existing line-up is open for bookings.
Thoughts about Harley-Davidson's expanding network in India.
Hero MotoCorp has done a tremendous job in managing the sales and service for Harley-Davidson in India despite the pandemic conditions. The Indian brand is on right track to make Harley-Davidson a success in India.
Handling such an iconic brand will also give Hero MotoCorp an edge in future if they want to foray into the premium motorcycle segment.