- Technology Flipkart Black Friday Smartphones Deals: Top Discount Offers On Mid-Range Mobiles Under Rs. 20,000
- Movies House of Gucci Movie Review Exclusive: Lady Gaga-Adam Driver Film Is High On Fashion, Short Of Eloquence
- News Winter Session of Parliament: Speaker Om Birla to meet floor leaders of parties on November 29
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Hyderabad Fc stun champions Mumbai City FC
- Education MPSC State Service Main Amit Card 2021 Released, Download MPSC Main Exam 2020 Admit Card On mpsconline.gov.in
- Finance Tomato Prices Will Continue To Remain On The Higher Side: Crisil
- Lifestyle Your Traditional Outfits Sorted Ft. Mahima Makwana, Bhumi Pednekar, And Chitrangda Singh
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
Electric two-wheeler manufacturer ebikeGo has revealed that its recently launched Rugged series of electric scooters has garnered 1 lakh bookings. The milestone number of bookings (1,06,650 to be exact) for the ebikeGo Rugged series of electric scooters launched just two months ago, has seen the company raise over 1,000 crores. The company claims that Tier 2 and rural areas have contributed to about 67% of the total bookings.
Speaking about the milestone, Irfan Khan, Founder & CEO of eBikeGo said, "Within two months of its introduction, we at eBikeGo had an amazing reaction to our most anticipated bike, the RUGGED, and closed 1 lakh+ bookings with 22 dealerships throughout the nation. This is a significant figure for any electric two-wheeler company, especially in a developing country like India. It is India's most environmentally friendly, intelligent, and durable electric moto-scooter, which will change the direction of e-mobility in the country and push the frontiers of innovation in the electric bike category. We're also grateful to have had such a positive response from the investment community. We're also in advanced talks with a number of foreign private equity funds. In the next months, we estimate about 50,000 additional bookings of ‘Rugged' worth Rs. 500 crores."
The ebikeGo Rugged was launched in India on the 25th of August. To help generate bookings, ebikeGo established a referral program in which both the referrer and the referee would receive Rs. 1000 discount for each reference. Any referrer, who accounted for 100 bookings or more would get his/her own Rugged for free. Also, every 100th customer who books a Rugged e-scooter gets it for free.
The Rugged was launched in India in two variants G1 and G1+, which cost 79,999 and 89,999 before state subsidies kick in. The EV which is manufactured in the city of Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu is powered by a 3kW motor that can help the electric bike achieve speeds of up to 70 km/h. The power for the motor is provided by two 2kWh batteries that give the e-scooter a range of 160 kilometres on a single charge. Topping up the batteries from the mains takes three and a half hours.
The Rugged series of e-bikes feature a cradle chassis while the frame is made of metal. The electric scooter also features 30 litres of storage space. ebikeGo also has an app that can be used to remotely lock and unlock the scooter. The e-scooter also feature remote anti-theft features along with a host of sensors along with 4G support.
To help increase bookings during the festive Diwali season ebikeGo has added four new colours for Rugged range - Red, Blue, Black, and Rugged Special Edition.
The company has also partnered with multiple b2b clients including the likes of Amazon, Bigbasket, Delhivery, and Zomato. The electric vehicle maker has also established 22 dealerships and has also closed master franchises for the Rugged in three states - Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Maharashtra.