- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Indian electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Earth Energy EV, which is a Mumbai based startup, has launched three new electric vehicles in the Indian market. Prices for their electric scooter, Earth Energy Glyde+ starts at Rs 92,000 and goes all the way up to the Rs 1.42 Lakh for the Evolve R electric scooter.
Commenting on the Launch, Rushi Shenghani, CEO and founder, Earth Energy EV said, "We are thrilled to announce the launch of our first range of electric two-Wheelers. The EV industry in India is emerging on account of various factors such as the growing awareness towards the environment, increasing petrol prices, and stringent emission norms. We feel that the consumption of electric vehicles will go up now than ever."
Now let us talk about the electric scooter and their powertrain. First up is the Earth Energy Glyde+, which is powered by a 2.4W electric motor that can make the scooter reach speeds of about 60km/h. The range is expected to be around 100kms on a full charge. The Glyde+ pumps out around 3.21bhp of power and a peak torque of 26Nm. The Glyde+ will go up against the likes of the Bajaj Chetak and the TVS iQube in the Indian Market.
Next up is the Evolve Z, which is an electric motorcycle. The Evolve Z is fitted with a 96 AH/ Li-ion Battery and has a range of around 100km after a full charge. The Evolve Z has a top speed of 95km/h and produces 7bhp of power and 56Nm of peak torque. It carries a price tag of Rs 1.3 lakhs and goes up against the likes of the Revolt RV300 in the Indian market.
Last but not the least, is the Evolve R, which is the top-end model and is the most powerful EV from Earth Energy. It produces 16.76bhp of power and a peak torque of 54Nm. The Evolve R has a top speed of 110km/h and also has a range of around 100kms on a single charge.
Charging time for all the three EVs is 2.5 hours while 0-80% charging is achieved in 40 minutes via fast charging. In terms of a manufacturing facility, the company says it has a capacity to produce 12,000 units per annum at its existing location and aims to expand it to 65,000 units with a newer facility soon. The electric two-wheelers are available in 3 colours: Marshal Grey, Jet Black, and White.
Thoughts About Earth Energy Launching Three Electric Vehicles In The Indian Market
Earth Energy EV has launched three new electric vehicles in the Indian market. All the EVs are fast and feature-loaded and we expect that they will gain a lot of traction, especially by the young crowd.