- 19 min ago Honda Patents The PCX Electric Scooter In India: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 & V4S Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz EQT Electric Van Revealed: Gorgeous Electric Van From Mercedes-Benz
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield Temporarily Suspends Production Due To Covid-19: Read More To Find Out!
- News Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim health condition stable, discharged from Rohtak PGIMS
- Sports Ramesh Powar pips WV Raman, Ajay Ratra as the new coach of Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Finance Akshaya Tritiya 2021: 3 Quick Ways To Buy Gold Via Payment Wallets
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Nagaland in May
- Movies Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: Rajeev Khandelwal To Kavita Kaushik; TV Celebs Wish Fans On Eid
- Education UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2021 Postponed, Exam To Be Held On October 10
- Technology Redmi Note 10S With MediaTek Helio G95 SoC Launched In India; Price Starts At Rs. 14,999
- Lifestyle Parshuram Jayanti 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
DAO has introduced three new low-speed electric scooters in the Indian market. This comes just a day after the Chinese brand introduced the DAO 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. Now the brand has introduced the Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108, and ZOR 405 low-speed electric scooters in India.
Many start-ups are capitalising on electric mobility, the hottest segment nowadays seems to be the low-speed electric scooters. This segment has been steadily rising in India as the demand for these scooters are rising in tier-1 and tier-2 cities for B2B and B2C business purposes.
DAO EV Tech has now introduced 3-new low-speed electric scooters in this highly competitive segment. The advantage of low-speed electric scooters is due to their lower initial cost and the rider usually does not need a license to legally ride it on our roads.
The three low-speed electric scooters launched by DAO EV Tech are almost identical underneath but the Vidyut 106 and 108 variants are aimed for personal transportation purposes as opposed to the commercial-friendly and rugged layout of ZOR 405.
All three EVs utilise a 250W electric motor, and powering the electric motor is a 1.38kWh battery. The top speed is capped at 25kmph and the claimed range on a single charge is around 80kms for Vidyut 106 and 108.
Due to the relatively higher kerb weight, the claimed range for the utilitarian looking ZOR 405 is a little lower, at 70 kilometres. Between the Vidyut 106 and 108, The Vidyut 106 looks more premium with its pillion backrest, LED indicators and LED tail lamps.
The Vidyut 108, on the other hand, looks slimmer and is compact in size, it also lacks premium touches like LED indicators and tail lamps. However, both scooters come with LED headlamps as standard equipment.
Thoughts On DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Electric Scooter Being Launched In India
The new low-speed scooters from DAO EV Tech are a testament to the demand for these types of electric scooters in India. It is good to see many manufacturers doing their part to cater to the demand and also to make the environment greener and cleaner.