- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs TVS Ronin - Design, Features, Powertrain, Price & More
- 1 day ago 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 MotoGP Edition Launched At Rs 1.41 Lakh
- 1 day ago 5 New Car Launches In The Coming Weeks - Grand Vitara, MG Hector Facelift & More
- 1 day ago Tata Nexon EV Max Becomes First Electric Car To Reach Umling La - The World’s Highest Motorable Road
- Sports MCC says run-out decision in India vs England women's match "properly" made
- News Mukul Rohatgi turns down Centre's offer to be next Attorney General
- Movies Raju Srivastava Demise: Family & Friends Honour The Late Comedian At Prayer Meet Held In Mumbai
- Finance 'Housing.com' To Hire About 200 People in FY'23; To Invest in Technology, Brand Promotion
- Travel Weh: Sumatra's Prime Attraction
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale; Best TWS Earbuds Deals You Shouldn't Miss
- Education IIT Bombay continues to remain the top choice for JEE Advanced 2022 toppers
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
DAO has introduced three new low-speed electric scooters in the Indian market. This comes just a day after the Chinese brand introduced the DAO 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. Now the brand has introduced the Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108, and ZOR 405 low-speed electric scooters in India.
Many start-ups are capitalising on electric mobility, the hottest segment nowadays seems to be the low-speed electric scooters. This segment has been steadily rising in India as the demand for these scooters are rising in tier-1 and tier-2 cities for B2B and B2C business purposes.
DAO EV Tech has now introduced 3-new low-speed electric scooters in this highly competitive segment. The advantage of low-speed electric scooters is due to their lower initial cost and the rider usually does not need a license to legally ride it on our roads.
The three low-speed electric scooters launched by DAO EV Tech are almost identical underneath but the Vidyut 106 and 108 variants are aimed for personal transportation purposes as opposed to the commercial-friendly and rugged layout of ZOR 405.
All three EVs utilise a 250W electric motor, and powering the electric motor is a 1.38kWh battery. The top speed is capped at 25kmph and the claimed range on a single charge is around 80kms for Vidyut 106 and 108.
Due to the relatively higher kerb weight, the claimed range for the utilitarian looking ZOR 405 is a little lower, at 70 kilometres. Between the Vidyut 106 and 108, The Vidyut 106 looks more premium with its pillion backrest, LED indicators and LED tail lamps.
The Vidyut 108, on the other hand, looks slimmer and is compact in size, it also lacks premium touches like LED indicators and tail lamps. However, both scooters come with LED headlamps as standard equipment.
Thoughts On DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Electric Scooter Being Launched In India
The new low-speed scooters from DAO EV Tech are a testament to the demand for these types of electric scooters in India. It is good to see many manufacturers doing their part to cater to the demand and also to make the environment greener and cleaner.