- 7 hrs ago Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- 9 hrs ago MS Dhoni Buys A Land Rover Series 3 Vintage SUV: BBT Online Auction
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike Announced: Price Increase Of Upto Rs 21,000 Effective From January 2022
- 13 hrs ago Top 10 Essentials For Any Car: From Puncture Repair Kits To Torch Lights
- Finance What To Do If Your Health Insurance Claim Get Rejected?
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022: Offers On Top 5G Smartphones
- News Crime syndicate behind 1993 Mumbai serial blasts given state protection: India at UN
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 18 Highlights: Karan Kundrra & Tejasswi Prakash's Families Approve Of Their Relationship
- Sports Dasun Shanaka's maiden ODI ton goes in vain as Zimbabwe edge Sri Lanka by 22 runs in 2nd ODI
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
- Lifestyle Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
DAO has introduced three new low-speed electric scooters in the Indian market. This comes just a day after the Chinese brand introduced the DAO 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. Now the brand has introduced the Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108, and ZOR 405 low-speed electric scooters in India.
Many start-ups are capitalising on electric mobility, the hottest segment nowadays seems to be the low-speed electric scooters. This segment has been steadily rising in India as the demand for these scooters are rising in tier-1 and tier-2 cities for B2B and B2C business purposes.
DAO EV Tech has now introduced 3-new low-speed electric scooters in this highly competitive segment. The advantage of low-speed electric scooters is due to their lower initial cost and the rider usually does not need a license to legally ride it on our roads.
The three low-speed electric scooters launched by DAO EV Tech are almost identical underneath but the Vidyut 106 and 108 variants are aimed for personal transportation purposes as opposed to the commercial-friendly and rugged layout of ZOR 405.
All three EVs utilise a 250W electric motor, and powering the electric motor is a 1.38kWh battery. The top speed is capped at 25kmph and the claimed range on a single charge is around 80kms for Vidyut 106 and 108.
Due to the relatively higher kerb weight, the claimed range for the utilitarian looking ZOR 405 is a little lower, at 70 kilometres. Between the Vidyut 106 and 108, The Vidyut 106 looks more premium with its pillion backrest, LED indicators and LED tail lamps.
The Vidyut 108, on the other hand, looks slimmer and is compact in size, it also lacks premium touches like LED indicators and tail lamps. However, both scooters come with LED headlamps as standard equipment.
Thoughts On DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Electric Scooter Being Launched In India
The new low-speed scooters from DAO EV Tech are a testament to the demand for these types of electric scooters in India. It is good to see many manufacturers doing their part to cater to the demand and also to make the environment greener and cleaner.