- 1 hr ago Hyundai Ioniq 6 EV With 614-Kilometre Range Revealed: Lowest Drag Coefficient Makes It More Efficient
- 1 hr ago Two Wheeler Sales In September 2022 - More Than 12% YoY Growth Achieved
- 5 hrs ago Not A Single Unit Of Toyota Hilux Was Sold In This Indian State - Here’s Why
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-Door - All You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Amazon Great Indian Festival: Upto 60% Off On Drugstore To High End Foundation
- Sports SA all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius ruled out of ODI series against India, T20 World Cup with injury
- News Chinese companies pass on secrets to CCP
- Education PPSC Veterinary Officers DV Date 2022 Available Now, Get the Complete Interview Schedule here!
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
- Technology Made By Google Event Live Updates: Google Pixel 7 Series, Google Watch, More
- Movies Aryan Khan Ignoring Ananya Panday At Maja Ma Screening Gets Netizens Talking; See Video
- Finance IT Stocks Have Been Beaten Down, Here's A Chance To Buy 8 IT Stocks As Listed BY HDFC Securities
The DAO 703 electric scooter has been launched in India. Chinese EV startup DAO has launched its 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. It is said to have a range of 100 kilometres and the claimed top speed is 70km/h. Prices for the electric scooter haven't been revealed yet.
The electric vehicle market is growing with every passing day. It is a well-known fact that electric vehicles are the future. There are many electric vehicle startups that have cropped up across the country and across the world. One of these startups is DAO. The brand is based in China and primarily manufactures electric scooters.
DAO has now launched the 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. The DAO 703 is unique when it comes to its design aspect. The entire body panel of the scooter is made of one piece. Up front are two LED headlamp units, one at the bottom of the front apron and the other above it. The DAO 703 electric scooter comes loaded with features.
The scooter comes with a 9-inch LCD display, Intelligent Release System, one-click repair function, smartphone charging port, central locking, keyless operation, anti-theft alarm, find-my-scooter function, etc.
The DAO 703 e-scooter is powered by a lithium-iron-phosphate battery powering a 3.5kW BLDC motor. The brand hasn't given out the power or torque figures yet. However, it has mentioned that the scooter will have a top speed of 70 km/h and a range of around 100 kilometres on one charge. This places it among the top-performing electric scooters in India.
It also gets a reverse function, and automatic power-off during a roll-over, or when stuck in deep water that could damage the electricals. Suspension duties are handled by a telescopic fork up front and adjustable shocks at the rear. Braking is taken care of by disc brakes at both ends.
The electric scooter weighs in at just 85 kilograms, which should make it quite peppy. The DAO 703 electric scooter will be available in the White, Red, Blue, and Mint Blue colours. The company hasn't shared prices of the electric scooter yet, but we expect it to be priced in the range of its competition. The DAO 703 will compete with the likes of the Bajaj Chetak, TVS iQube, and Ather 450X.
Thoughts On DAO 703 Electric Scooter Being Launched In India
Going by the specifications already released by the brand, the DAo 703 looks very competitive. It sure looks ready to take the fight to already established products like the TVS iQube, Bajaj Chetak and Ather 450X. However, factors like service network and the price tag will play a major role in deciding how big a success the DAO 703 will be in India.