- 7 hrs ago 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- 10 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQB Electric SUV Revealed: Important Addition To Mercedes-Benz’s EV Lineup
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Running Operations In Pune Plant With Limited Staff: Details & More!
- 11 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Two Weeks Left To Grab These Offers!
- Technology Last Day Offers On Flipkart Carnival Sale April: Discount On Realme Smartphones
- Movies COVID-19 Vaccine For All Above 18: Kareena Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh, Swara & Others Laud Government’s Move
- Sports WTC final to go ahead as planned: ICC after Britain adds India to travel 'red list'
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Lifestyle Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
BMW Motorrad has launched their latest R nineT and R nineT Scrambler offerings in the Indian market. The new BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler are priced at Rs 18.50 lakh and Rs 16.75 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both the BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Bookings for both motorcycles can now be made across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in India. Deliveries for the same are expected to begin shortly.
The motorcycles come packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. This includes the use of state-of-the-art LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, twin-pod instrument cluster (only on the R nineT) and twin-can exhausts. The range-topping R nineT is equipped with spoke wheels, while the R nineT Scrambler comes shod with alloy wheels and knobby tyres.
Another difference is the suspension setup. The entry-level R nineT Scrambler comes with telescopic forks at the front with rubber gaiters. The BMW R nineT, on the other hand, is equipped with USD forks at the front. Braking, however, is identical with both motorcycles equipped with dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear.
The entry-level BMW R nineT Scrambler is offered with four paint schemes: Granite Grey Metallic, Cosmic Blue Metallic/Light White Uni, Kalamata Metallic Matte and Black Storm Metallic/Racing Red.
Similarly, the BMW R nineT is also offered in four different colour options. These include Black Storm Metallic, Option 719 Aluminium, Night Black Matte/Aluminium Matte and Mineral White Metallic/Aurum.
Both motorcycles are powered by the same 1170cc dual-cylinder air-cooled boxer engine. It produces 108bhp at 7250rpm and 119Nm of peak torque at 6000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox. BMW Motorrad claims that both motorcycles can accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 200km/h.
To aid this, both motorcycles also come with a host of electronic rider aids. These include two riding modes: Rain & Road, dynamic brake control, ABS pro, automatic stability control and travel-dependent damping; among others.
Vikram Pawah, President BMW Group India, said,
"The new BMW R nineT and the new BMW R nineT Scrambler are an expression of a timeless motorcycling culture that celebrates pure riding, sportiness and yet absolutely stands apart in its design and appeal."
"Deriving its charm from the past, it delivers the ultimate riding pleasure of today. We are delighted to add yet another exciting new facet to the BMW Motorrad heritage world of experience in India, one that inspires nostalgia among enthusiasts to this day."
Thoughts On The BMW R nineT & R nineT Scrambler Launch In India
The BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler are the latest editions to the brand's Heritage range of offerings. The motorcycles take on the likes of the Ducati 1200 Scramblers in the Indian market.