- 14 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021: Only Two Manufacturers Dominate The List
- 18 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- Movies Happy Birthday Lara Dutta: 5 Photos Which Prove That The Bell Bottom Actress Is A Cool Mom!
- Education Board Exams 2021: List Of State Board Exams Postponed
- Technology Samsung Summer Fest 2021: Discounts On Samsung Tablets
- Sports IPL: If I play the match 100 times, I would not take that single: Samson on denying Morris against PBKS
- News UK PM Boris Johnson's India visit to finalise 'Roadmap 2030' for re-energised India-UK ties
- Finance Ola Money: How to use it?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi And Nushrat Bharucha’s Stylish High Ponytails Are The Cutest Hairstyles To Rock With Mini Dresses
BMW Motorrad has launched their latest R nineT and R nineT Scrambler offerings in the Indian market. The new BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler are priced at Rs 18.50 lakh and Rs 16.75 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both the BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Bookings for both motorcycles can now be made across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in India. Deliveries for the same are expected to begin shortly.
The motorcycles come packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. This includes the use of state-of-the-art LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, twin-pod instrument cluster (only on the R nineT) and twin-can exhausts. The range-topping R nineT is equipped with spoke wheels, while the R nineT Scrambler comes shod with alloy wheels and knobby tyres.
Another difference is the suspension setup. The entry-level R nineT Scrambler comes with telescopic forks at the front with rubber gaiters. The BMW R nineT, on the other hand, is equipped with USD forks at the front. Braking, however, is identical with both motorcycles equipped with dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear.
The entry-level BMW R nineT Scrambler is offered with four paint schemes: Granite Grey Metallic, Cosmic Blue Metallic/Light White Uni, Kalamata Metallic Matte and Black Storm Metallic/Racing Red.
Similarly, the BMW R nineT is also offered in four different colour options. These include Black Storm Metallic, Option 719 Aluminium, Night Black Matte/Aluminium Matte and Mineral White Metallic/Aurum.
Both motorcycles are powered by the same 1170cc dual-cylinder air-cooled boxer engine. It produces 108bhp at 7250rpm and 119Nm of peak torque at 6000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox. BMW Motorrad claims that both motorcycles can accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 200km/h.
To aid this, both motorcycles also come with a host of electronic rider aids. These include two riding modes: Rain & Road, dynamic brake control, ABS pro, automatic stability control and travel-dependent damping; among others.
Vikram Pawah, President BMW Group India, said,
"The new BMW R nineT and the new BMW R nineT Scrambler are an expression of a timeless motorcycling culture that celebrates pure riding, sportiness and yet absolutely stands apart in its design and appeal."
"Deriving its charm from the past, it delivers the ultimate riding pleasure of today. We are delighted to add yet another exciting new facet to the BMW Motorrad heritage world of experience in India, one that inspires nostalgia among enthusiasts to this day."
Thoughts On The BMW R nineT & R nineT Scrambler Launch In India
The BMW R nineT and R nineT Scrambler are the latest editions to the brand's Heritage range of offerings. The motorcycles take on the likes of the Ducati 1200 Scramblers in the Indian market.