- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 11 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Finance RBI Liquidity Window Can Augment Healthcare Infra
- Movies Happy Birthday Vijay Deverakonda: 5 Praiseworthy Performances Of The Rowdy Star
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Bajaj Auto has increased the prices of its first electric scooter, the Chetak EV. The company has increased the price of both variants of the electric scooter. The Bajaj Chetak EV now retails at a starting price of Rs 1.42 lakh, ex-showroom (Bangalore).
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane and Premium. The electric scooter was first launched with a price tag of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 1.15 lakh, respectively. The scooter then received a price hike in March 2021. The Urbane variant prices were increased by Rs 15,000 and the Premium variant by Rs 5,000.
According to our sources, the company has yet again increased the prices of the Chetak EV. After the latest price hike, the Urbane variant now costs Rs 1.42 lakh. While the top-spec Premium variant costs Rs 1.44 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bangalore). This makes the electric scooter variants Rs 27,000 and Rs 24,000 more expensive, respectively.
Bajaj is currently selling the Chetak EV in Pune and Banglore markets. There is a strong demand for electric scooter in both cities. The company had recently opened booking for the scooter in Pune and Bangalore.
However, our sources also informed us that the bookings are closed again in both cities. The electric scooters are being sold exclusively across all KTM dealerships in both cities.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the Chetak electric consists of a 4kW electric motor coupled to a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces a peak torque of 16Nm and offers a maximum riding range of 95km on a single charge.
The electric scooter also comes equipped with fast-charging technology. The company claims that the scooter will have enough juice to travel 25kms with an hour of charge.
Some of the features of the Chetak EV include round-shaped LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillights and turn indicators, digital instrument cluster, feather-touch activated switches, and chrome surrounds for the headlamps; among others.
Suspension on the scooter is handled by a single side tubular suspension at the front, and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the electric scooter is done via a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increase & Bookings In India
The Bajaj Chetak EV prices have increased substantially as compared to its launch price. The scooter now comes close to the pricing of the Ather 450 X and way past the price of the TVS iQube. Whether the electric scooter will receive the same response the next time bookings are open remains to be seen.