- 13 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021: Only Two Manufacturers Dominate The List
- 17 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 7 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan Starrer Creates A New Record!
- Technology Samsung Summer Fest 2021: Discounts On Samsung Tablets
- Sports IPL: If I play the match 100 times, I would not take that single: Samson on denying Morris against PBKS
- News UK PM Boris Johnson's India visit to finalise 'Roadmap 2030' for re-energised India-UK ties
- Finance Ola Money: How to use it?
- Education NEET PG 2021 Exam Postponed Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi And Nushrat Bharucha’s Stylish High Ponytails Are The Cutest Hairstyles To Rock With Mini Dresses
Ather Energy — the Bangalore-based premium electric two-wheeler startup, is said to have commenced production operations at its new facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. The new production facility will continue to manufacture the brand's popular 450X electric scooter for the Indian market.
The commencement of production at the new Hosur plant will also allow Ather Energy to rapidly expand its operations to newer markets across the country. The new production facility at Hosur comes almost a year after the company signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government.
The new facility at Hosur is said to be spread across a massive 4 lakh square feet. At the time of signing the MoU, Ather Energy had stated that the new facility once operational will help create over 4000 new jobs opportunities over a period of five years.
Guidance_Tamil Nadu congratulated the company on starting production operations at Hosur, via a tweet, which read, "Many congratulations @atherenergy on commencing the electric scooter manufacturing in Hosur. This is an important milestone for Tamil Nadu in propelling the electric mobility goals."
Ather Energy recently announced that the company received a fresh investment of $35 million in their latest Series D funding. This new investment will allow the company to rapidly expand to multiple new cities across the country, while the new production facility will help meet the demands for the brand's electric scooter offering across all markets.
The company has also announced its phase-2 expansion plans for the Indian market. According to this, the company is said to be working on introducing its products in 27 cities across India by the end of Q1 of 2021.
Ather Energy has already entered various major markets such as Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune and Hyderabad, apart from its full-fledged operations at Bengaluru and Chennai. The company even fast-forwarded its phase-1 expansion with the 450X launch in 16 new cities across the country as well.
Thoughts On The Ather Energy Electric Scooter Production Commencing At Their New Hosur Plant
Ather Energy seems to be aggressively expanding across various markets in the country. Their product 450X has been received extremely well across all markets, with good demand. The new production facility in Hosur should now help meet the rising demands for the electric scooter in India.