- 29 min ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 38 min ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 2 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Movies Prabhas Releases Radhe Shyam Poster On The Same Day He Visited Chandigarh On Baisakhi Four Years Ago
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- News Russia, India committed to S-400 missile deal
- Technology Vivo V21 With 44MP OIS Super Night Selfie Camera Launching Soon: What To Expect?
- Finance Gold Hallmark Mandatory From June 1; Things To Know Before Buying
- Lifestyle Your Stylish Summer Saree Looks Ft. Fatima Sana Shaikh, Rubina Dilaik, And Mithila Palkar
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Ather Energy — the Bangalore-based premium electric two-wheeler startup, is said to have commenced production operations at its new facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. The new production facility will continue to manufacture the brand's popular 450X electric scooter for the Indian market.
The commencement of production at the new Hosur plant will also allow Ather Energy to rapidly expand its operations to newer markets across the country. The new production facility at Hosur comes almost a year after the company signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government.
The new facility at Hosur is said to be spread across a massive 4 lakh square feet. At the time of signing the MoU, Ather Energy had stated that the new facility once operational will help create over 4000 new jobs opportunities over a period of five years.
Guidance_Tamil Nadu congratulated the company on starting production operations at Hosur, via a tweet, which read, "Many congratulations @atherenergy on commencing the electric scooter manufacturing in Hosur. This is an important milestone for Tamil Nadu in propelling the electric mobility goals."
Ather Energy recently announced that the company received a fresh investment of $35 million in their latest Series D funding. This new investment will allow the company to rapidly expand to multiple new cities across the country, while the new production facility will help meet the demands for the brand's electric scooter offering across all markets.
The company has also announced its phase-2 expansion plans for the Indian market. According to this, the company is said to be working on introducing its products in 27 cities across India by the end of Q1 of 2021.
Ather Energy has already entered various major markets such as Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune and Hyderabad, apart from its full-fledged operations at Bengaluru and Chennai. The company even fast-forwarded its phase-1 expansion with the 450X launch in 16 new cities across the country as well.
Thoughts On The Ather Energy Electric Scooter Production Commencing At Their New Hosur Plant
Ather Energy seems to be aggressively expanding across various markets in the country. Their product 450X has been received extremely well across all markets, with good demand. The new production facility in Hosur should now help meet the rising demands for the electric scooter in India.