- News Mamata Banerjee to visit Goa next week; will meet leaders from smaller parties
- Movies Global Prabhas Day: New Instagram Filter Dedicated To Rebel Star Prabhas Unveiled!
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Washington Sundar picks India, Australia, WI and England as semifinal entrants
- Technology PUBG: New State Gets Official Launch Date: Coming To Android And iOS Devices From Day One
- Finance This Stock Trades With Gains Of 267% As The Stock Re-Lists To Give Effect To The ‘Scheme Of Arrangement'
- Education NEET MDS 2022 Exam Postponed, Check Revised Schedule Here
- Lifestyle Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
Aprilia launches the Tuono 660 in India at Rs 13.09 lakh, ex-showroom. The semi-faired motorcycle arrives as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units and is offered in three colour options.
Bookings for the RS 660 had begun back in February 2021, with the deliveries of the motorcycle said to begin soon across India.
- Concept Black
- Iridium Grey
- Acid Gold
Engine & Gearbox
The Tuono 660 comes powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin-cylinder 659cc engine paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch.
Peak Torque: 67Nm @ 8,500rpm
Design & Features
The Tuono 660 is based on its full-faired sibling, the RS 660 motorcycle. However, the motorcycle borrows its design inspiration from the Aprilia Tuono V4. It features the brand's distinctive three-pod headlamp setup giving it an aggressive front fascia.
The motorcycle features tank shrouds which aid for better aerodynamic ability. The rider sits upright on the motorcycle to suit the street riding conditions. According to the company, the Tunono 660 has been tested in the wind tunnel to offer maximum aerodynamic ability.
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- LED taillamps
- Single-piece handlebar
- Underbelly exhaust
- 15-litre fuel tank
Electronic Rider Aids & Connected Technology
Like the RS 660, the Tuono 660 also features a ton of electronic rider aids that are supported by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. It also features 5 ride modes out of which three are dedicated to road riding and two for track use.
Other rider aids:
- Aprilia Traction Control (ATC)
- Aprilia Wheelie Control (AWC)
- Aprilia Cruise Control (ACC)
- Aprilia Engine Brake (AEB)
- Aprilia Engine Map (AEM)
- ABS with cornering function
It also features a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout, which will help control all the electronic aids on the motorcycle. The company is also offering an optional Aprilia MIA multimedia platform for connected technology via a smartphone application.
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
The motorcycle features an aluminium dual beam chassis.
- Wheelbase: 1370mm
- Length: 1995mm
- Width: 805mm
- Seat height: 820mm
- Weight (Kerb): 183kg
- Front: 41mm Kayaba USD fork
- Rear: mono-shock unit
Both units are fully adjustable for compression, rebound & preload.
- Front: 320mm dual-disc brake with Bremo four-pot radial callipers
- Rear: 220mm disc brake with Brembo callipers
The entire brake system features a metal braided hose for maximum performance.
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 17-inch alloys with 120/70 section tyre
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 180/55 section tyre
Thoughts About The Aprilia Tuono 660 Launched In India
The Aprilia Tunon 660 carries over all the equipment from the RS660. However, the Tuono has a street-biased setup making it more practical for everyday use. The Tuono 660 rivals the likes of Honda CB650R, the Kawasaki Z650, the Triumph Trident 660 and the KTM Duke 790.