- 50 min ago Hyundai Venue Vs Hyundai i20; Which One Should You Pick?
- 18 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 23 hrs ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Teased; Launch Soon
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup: India's warm-up worries: Kishan or Rahul as second opener, Hardik's batting position
- Movies Team Good Luck Sakhi Wishes Keerthy Suresh On Her Birthday, Film Releasing In November
- Lifestyle Turmeric For Depression: Does It Help Ease The Symptoms? How To Use
- Finance $GARI, India's First-Ever Crypto Token: Major Things To Know
- News Priyanka Gandhi will be face of Cong's election campaign in UP: P L Punia
- Technology Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Aprilia will be launching the SXR 125 in the Indian market. It will be a new maxi-scooter offering in the country. Ahead of its launch, the price of the soon-to-be-launched Aprilia SXR 125 has been officially revealed. The Aprilia SXR 125 will retail at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This makes it only Rs 9,000 less than its elder sibling, the SXR 160. The prices of the scooter have been revealed on the brand's website. The company have begun accepting bookings for the new Aprilia SXR 125 scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000. The scooter will be available in four colours options: White, Matte Blue, Red and Nero Grey.
The Aprilia SXR 125 borrows its design and features from its elder sibling, the SXR 160. However, the engine on the SXR 125 is the same as the ones powering the SR125. This is a 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine that produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
Speaking about the design and features of the SXR 125, the front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooters muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination and Bluetooth mobile connectivity option; among others.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Once the scooter is launched, the Aprilia SXR 125 will directly rival the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 in the Indian market. Comparing the prices of both scooters, the SXR 125 will be Rs 27,000 more expensive than the Burgman Street 125.
Another popular 125cc scooter is the TVS Ntroq. Although the Ntorq is not a maxi-scooter, it is a close competitor to SXR 125. The Ntorq Race Edition is Rs 38,000 cheaper than the Italian maxi-scooter.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Price Officially Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market. Its elder sibling, the SXR 160 has been well-received in the Indian market. However, the price tag is a little on the higher side for the 125cc scooter. Whether the SXR 125 will also be received well in the market after its launch remains to be seen.