- 8 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 13 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
Aprilia will be launching the SXR 125 in the Indian market. It will be a new maxi-scooter offering in the country. Ahead of its launch, the price of the soon-to-be-launched Aprilia SXR 125 has been officially revealed. The Aprilia SXR 125 will retail at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This makes it only Rs 9,000 less than its elder sibling, the SXR 160. The prices of the scooter have been revealed on the brand's website. The company have begun accepting bookings for the new Aprilia SXR 125 scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000. The scooter will be available in four colours options: White, Matte Blue, Red and Nero Grey.
The Aprilia SXR 125 borrows its design and features from its elder sibling, the SXR 160. However, the engine on the SXR 125 is the same as the ones powering the SR125. This is a 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine that produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
Speaking about the design and features of the SXR 125, the front of the scooter houses the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust adding to the maxi-scooters muscular looks.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination and Bluetooth mobile connectivity option; among others.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Once the scooter is launched, the Aprilia SXR 125 will directly rival the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 in the Indian market. Comparing the prices of both scooters, the SXR 125 will be Rs 27,000 more expensive than the Burgman Street 125.
Another popular 125cc scooter is the TVS Ntroq. Although the Ntorq is not a maxi-scooter, it is a close competitor to SXR 125. The Ntorq Race Edition is Rs 38,000 cheaper than the Italian maxi-scooter.
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Price Officially Revealed
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market. Its elder sibling, the SXR 160 has been well-received in the Indian market. However, the price tag is a little on the higher side for the 125cc scooter. Whether the SXR 125 will also be received well in the market after its launch remains to be seen.