- 3 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 24 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Finance Buy Reliance Industries Shares, Says Motilal Oswal Post AGM
- Technology JioPhone Next Confirmed Specifications To Look Out For
- News With just 1 passenger, Air India plane flies to Dubai from Amritsar
- Lifestyle Film Promotions: Huma Qureshi And Rasika Dugal Exude Royalty In Their Blue Outfits; Who Looked More Stunning?
- Movies Radhe Shyam Shoot To Start From Today In Hyderabad; Prabhas And Pooja Hegde To Join The Team!
- Sports WTC Final: Black Caps head home after great night of celebrations
- Education Polytechnic Institutions To Conduct Online Exam Based On MCQ In July
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Aprilia has launched the SXR 125 maxi-scooter in the Indian market. The Aprilia SXR 125 carries a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Ahead of its launch, the company was already accepting pre-bookings for the new maxi-scooter for a token amount of Rs 5,000.
The scooter is offered in four colours options: Glossy Red, Matt Blue, Glossy White and Matt Black. Deliveries of the scooter are expected to start soon across the country. The SXR 125 is now the entry point to the brand's maxi-scooter line-up.
The SXR 125 borrows most of its design and features from its elder sibling, the SXR 160. As a result, the difference between both the scooter models is Rs 11,000. The SXR 160 retails at RS 1.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Aprilia SXR 125 is powered by the same engine as the SR125 scooter in the brand's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine produces a maximum power of 9.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 9.2Nm at 6250rpm.
As mentioned before, the SXR 125 borrows its design cues from the bigger SXR 160. The new scooter continues to feature the brand's signature setup of a triple headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs.
Other features include a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust, a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, large under-seat storage space with illumination, Bluetooth mobile connectivity option and more.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is expected to be via a 220mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear supported by a combined braking system for additional safety.
Commenting on the occasion, Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India said, "I am very pleased and enthused today as the Aprilia SXR heads towards completing the range starting from 160 CC and now with 125 CC, The Aprilia SXR 125 is another exciting experience at the most appealing engine category, the 125 CC, our engines offers best with 3 Valves and Clean emission Fuel injection technology offering an interesting combination of riding experience and fuel utilisation.
With this launch, we will be able to offer the new Aprilia Experience to many followers of Aprilia who strive to Maxify Life!"
Thoughts About The Aprilia SXR 125 Launched In India
The Aprilia SXR 125 provides a more affordable entry point into the brand's new segment of maxi-scooters available in India. The only other competitor for the Aprilia SXR 125 in the segment is the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 in the Indian market. The Italian scooter is Rs 26,000 more expensive than its Japanese rival in the country.