- 15 min ago Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 1 hr ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- Finance Bitcoin Plunges 8% to Trade Below $50,000; US President Proposal On Tax Weighs On Bitcoin
- Movies Dhanush Announces Yet Another Collaboration With Mari Selvaraj After Karnan; Shoot To Commence Next Year
- Lifestyle Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- News Thrissur Pooram 2021: Date, history and significance of annual temple festival
- Technology Oppo Smart Tag Images Hint At Rechargeable Battery Feature
- Sports Doncic's Mavs spoil Davis' Lakers return, slumping 76ers fall to Giannis and Bucks as Celtics cool Suns
- Education World Book Day 2021: Why Is World Book And Copyright Day Celebrated On April 23
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Aprilia recently introduced its newest offerings to the middle-weight performance motorcycle segment for the world called the RS 660 and the Tuono 660. Both motorcycles have created a buzz because of their design, tech and performance.
Apart from the impressive spec-sheet, the company has also confirmed RS 660 and the Tuono 660's arrival to the Indian market. As a result, the buzz has been carried overseas and into our country as well.
Ahead of its launch, the recent report from Autocar India suggests that several dealers in the country have begun accepting pre-launch bookings for both motorcycles ahead of their arrival in the Indian market.
In an interview with the publication, Diego Graffi, CEO and MD, Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd confirmed that we are taking orders across India from dealers for the RS 660 and the Tuono 660. He further stated that the motorcycles will be imported during the second quarter to the country.
As per the statement from the company, this particular route is being taken to assess the interest of both motorcycles in the Indian market. As it will be a CBU unit, it will be expensive than other motorcycles in the segment.
Speaking about motorcycles themselves, the RS 660 and the Tuono 660 are powered by the same 660cc, parallel-twin engine. However, the state-of-tune on both motorcycles are different with RS 660's unit extracting maximum performance.
The engine on the RS 660 produces a maximum of 100bhp at 10,500rpm and a peak torque of 67Nm at 8,500rpm. The engine will come mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip & assist clutch as standard.
On the other hand, the Tuono 660's engine produces a maximum of 95bhp at 10,500rpm and a peak torque of 67Nm at 8,500rpm — 6bhp less than the maximum power output of RS 660. The same clutch and gearbox have been shared between both motorcycles.
Both motorcycles come packed with a host of electronic rider aids. The electronic rider aids are supported by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit, Aprilia Traction Control, Aprilia Wheelie Control, Aprilia Engine Brake, Aprilia Cruise Control and 5 riding modes out of which three are dedicated to road riding and two for the track use.
Motorcycles also feature a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout, which will help control all the electronic aids on the motorcycle and switchgear on the handlebar. It is also expected to feature a Bluetooth pairing smartphone pairing for connected technology via an application.
Thoughts About The Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch
The Aprilia RS 660 and the Tuono 660 will be the most powerful motorcycle in the segment that will be arriving in the Indian market later this year. However, both motorcycles will be arriving as a CBU unit, which could make them the most expensive motorcycles available in the Indian market in their respective segment.