- Movies Dangerous: Ram Gopal Varma’s Crime Drama Becomes India’s First Film For Sale As NFT On Blockchain
- Technology Moto G200 Features & Launch Timeline Revealed; SD888 SoC, 108MP Triple Cameras Tipped
- News Shah Rukh Khan's manager Pooja Dadlani trying to influence witnesses, claims NCB
- Sports T20 World Cup: Shami one of the best bowlers in world: Pakistan's Rizwan urges people to show respect
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- Education West Bengal Schools And Colleges To Reopen From November 16, Check Details
- Finance Residential vs Commercial: Where To Invest For Rental Income?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
Kawasaki launches the 2022 Z650 in India priced at Rs 6.24 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The middle-weight street-naked motorcycle is available in a single variant and a new single colour called the 'Candy Lime Green Type 3'.
Bookings for the new Z650 can be made online or at dealerships with deliveries said to begin in early September.
Regarding the new Candy Lime Green Type 3 colour, the paint scheme is a combination of, black and green colours. The chassis of the bike is finished in a matte green colour. The rest of the body parts of the motorcycle are finished in gloss black with green accents on the fuel tank, headlamp cowl and rear trim of the motorcycle. The wheels feature green pinstriping as well.
Design & Features
Apart from the new colour, 2022 Z650 remains the same as the 2021MY motorcycle. The street-naked motorcycle continues to feature the Japanese 'Sugomi' design. The upright stance, aggressive-looking front-end, muscular fuel tank have been carried over from the previous model as well.
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- Under-belly exhaust
- 15-litre fuel tank
- Rear-set footpegs
The Z650 also features a new 4.3-inch coloured TFT instrument display that supports the brand's latest iteration of connected technology. The instrument cluster comes with Bluetooth connectivity, allowing riders to connect their phones using Kawasaki's Rideology app.
It offers a host of information including rider telemetry data along with standard data such as ODO and trip details on the mobile application.
Engine & Gearbox
The 2022 motorcycle continues to come powered by a 649cc parallel-twin-cylinder engine; paired with a standard six-speed gearbox.
- Max power: 67bhp @ 8000rpm
- Peak torque: 64Nm @ 6700rpm
In terms of electronic rider aids, the Z650 features just the dual-channel ABS.
Suspension, Brake, Wheels & Tyres
The 2022 Z650 continues to use the Trellis frame and tips the scale at 191kg (Kerb). The motorcycle features a perfect weight distribution, giving it excellent handling characteristics.
- Front: 41mm telescopic fork with 125mm travel
- Rear: Monoshock with 130mm travel (pre-load adjustability)
- Front: 300mm dual semi-ﬂoating petal discs with dual-piston calliper
- Rear: 220mm petal disc with single-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 17-inch alloys with 120/70 Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 160/60 Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres
The Kawasaki Z650 rivals the likes of the Triumph Trident 660, Honda CB 650R, and the CFMoto 650NK. The Z650 is nearly Rs 71,000 and Rs 2.43 lakh less expensive than the Triumph Trident 660 and the Honda CB 650R, respectively.
However, it is nearly 2 lakh more expensive than the cheapest middleweight naked motorcycle sold in India, the CFMoto 650NK.
Thoughts About The 2022 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India
The Kawasaki Z650 is one of the brand's best selling in the Indian market. The Z650 is perfectly balanced in terms of performance and price. However, at the price point, we would have liked to see a little more electronic rider aids.
2022 Z650 carries the new price tag after the company increase the price of the motorcycle for the third time in the country this year — here are more details and the complete price list.