- 9 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 17 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Kawasaki launches the 2022 Ninja 650 in India priced at Rs 6.61 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The middle-weight sports bike is available in a single variant and two colours. Bookings for the new Ninja 650 can be made online or at dealerships with deliveries said to begin in September.
- Lime Green
- Pearl Robotic White
Regarding the new Pearl Robotic White colour, the paint scheme is a combination of white, black and green colours. The front fender and rear trim of the motorcycle are finished in white. While the fuel tank, fairing and headlamp cowl are finished majorly in black with green and white accents. The wheels also feature green pinstriping as well.
Design & Features
Apart from the new colour, the 2022 Ninja 650 remains the same as the 2021MY motorcycle. The Japanese sports bike continues to feature sharper-looking faring, restyled headlamps and an updated graphics.
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- Under-belly exhaust
- Clip-on handlebars
- 15-litre fuel tank
The Ninja 650 also features a new 4.3-inch coloured TFT instrument display that supports the brand's latest iteration of connected technology. The instrument cluster comes with Bluetooth connectivity, allowing riders to connect their phones using Kawasaki's Rideology app.
It offers a host of information including rider telemetry data along with standard data such as ODO and trip details on the mobile application.
Engine & Gearbox
The 2022 motorcycle continues to come powered by a 649cc parallel-twin-cylinder engine; paired with a standard six-speed gearbox.
- Max power: 67bhp @ 8000rpm
- Peak torque: 64Nm @ 6700rpm
In terms of electronic rider aids, the Ninja 650 features just the dual-channel ABS.
Suspension, Brake, Wheels & Tyres
The 2022 Ninja 650 continues to use the Trellis frame with a double-sided swingarm, giving it excellent handling on straight roads and in corners as well.
- Front: 41mm telescopic fork with 125mm travel
- Rear: Monoshock with 130mm travel (pre-load adjustability)
- Front: 300mm dual semi-ﬂoating petal discs with dual-piston calliper
- Rear: 220mm petal disc with single-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 17-inch alloys with 120/70 Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 160/60 Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres
Thoughts About The 2022 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Launched In India
The Kawasaki Ninja 650 is one of the popular middle-weight sports bikes in India. The company has introduced a new colour scheme with the 2022MY, which will attract buyers to the brand. The sweet-sounding parallel-twin engine delivers optimum performance and is suited for city commutes, touring and even taking the motorcycle to the tracks.
However, at the price point, the Ninja 650 could have featured a little more tech and electronic riders aids as compared to its rivals. The Ninja 650 rivals the likes of the Honda CBR 650R and the CFMOTO GT 650 in the Indian market.
Kawasaki recently announced a price hike for most of the motorcycles sold in India. The company has issued a third price hike this year in the country — here are more details and the complete price list.