- 46 min ago Benelli 502c Launched In India At Rs 4.98 Lakh: 46bhp, TFT Display & USD Forks Available
- 2 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Himalayan Variant Spied Testing With Several Changes: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Maserati Levante Review — A Luxurious, Sporty & Flamboyant SUV With A Great Soundtrack
- 16 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band Leak Reveals Major Redesign; 360-Degree Flexible Display, Magnetic Band Tipped
- Sports UFC Vegas 33: Hall vs Strickland fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Movies Complaint Filed Against Anurag Kashyap's Short Film In Netflix's Ghost Stories
- Finance Cognizant To Hire 1 Lakh People This Year; Net Income Up 41.8 Percent
- News West Bengal lockdown extended till August 15, allows govt programmes at indoor facilities
- Lifestyle 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mango Ginger
- Education Maharashtra Government Reduces School Fees By 15% For Academic Year 2021-22
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Yamaha has unveiled the Fascino 125 Hybrid for the Indian market. The Yamaha Fascino is the first scooter in India to feature hybrid technology. Yamaha has also revealed the Ray ZR hybrid scooter and prices for these scooters will be revealed soon.
Yamaha first launched the Fascino back in May 2015. Back then, it was powered by a 113cc engine with an output of 7bhp and 8.1Nm. The brand then launched the next-gen BS6 model. With this, Yamaha debuted in the 125cc segment.
Now, the Japanese manufacturer has unveiled the Fascino Hybrid. The mild-hybrid technology features a Starter Motor Generator (SMG) that plays a vital role in providing power assist to the engine whenever required.
Yamaha Fascino Mild Hybrid System
The SMG will provide an electric power assist to the engine when climbing inclines at low speeds or when accelerating quickly from a standstill. This system shuts off after a certain rpm is crossed. It also shuts off whenever power assistance is not needed.
Apart from the addition of the SMG, the overall engine remains the same. The current Yamaha Fascino's 125cc fuel-injected engine has been retained.
Engine Spec: 8.2bhp @ 6,500rpm | 10.3Nm @ 5,500rpm
While the power output remains just as much as the outgoing model, the torque output has increased by 0.3Nm.
Yamaha Fascino Hybrid Mileage
The Yamaha Fascino 125 FI in its current guise is already one of the most fuel-efficient scooters. It returns over 55km/l in city riding conditions. With the addition of the SMG, fuel efficiency is expected to get a huge boost. And we're sure it will cross 60km/l with ease.
Yamaha Fascino Hybrid Features
The upcoming Yamaha Fascino Hybrid gets an updated fully-digital instrument cluster. The LCD screen also displays an icon when the power assist from the mild-hybrid tech is in action. The scooter also features an LED headlamp with an LED DRL.
Yamaha Fascino Hybrid Bluetooth Connectivity
Once launched, the Yamaha Fascino will become the most technologically advanced scooter in its class thanks to the mild-hybrid tech as well as the smartphone connectivity. Through an app, users can locate the scooter, record riding, and parking history. The app will also tell the user how efficient the ride was and how it can become more efficient.
Yamaha Fascino Hybrid Colours
The Yamaha Fascino Hybrid will be available in a total of four colour options.
Drum brake variant: Yellow Cocktail, Vivid Red Special, Matt Black Special, Cool Blue Metallic
Disc brake variant: Vivid Red Special, Matt Black Special, Cool Blue Metallic
Yamaha Ray ZR Hybrid
The Yamaha Fascino Hybrid was unveiled alongside the launch of the Yamaha FZ-X. At the same event, Yamaha also revealed that the mild-hybrid drivetrain will debut in the Ray ZR. The Yamaha Ray ZR is based on the same platform and powertrain as is the Fascino. Hence it is no surprise that the Ray ZR will also get the mild hybrid powertrain.
Along with the Starter Motor Generator, the Yamaha Ray ZR will also receive Bluetooth connectivity, LED headlamp, etc. The scooter will also receive new colour options.
Thoughts On Yamaha Fascino Hybrid Being Unveiled
The Yamaha Fascino is among the more classy scooters in India when it comes to styling. Now, with the addition of the new technology, it has also become smart and more efficient. The addition of the mild-hybrid tech seems to have come at a perfect time, given the exorbitant prices of petrol in the country.