- 12 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 14 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Rate Unchanged On Sept 21; Crude Prices Fall Ahead Of Fed Meet
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Samsung, Realme, Poco, And More Mobile Brands Discount Reveling Dates
- News Engaging with India over recognising Covidshield vaccine certificate: UK
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
KTM will be launching the much-awaited new-generation RC 390 in India. The new motorcycle has undergone a complete redesign and seems to be inspired by the RC8 model. The India launch of the new-generation RC 390 is expected in the coming months.
Ahead of its launch, official images of the RC 390 have been leaked online revealing some of the design and mechanical changes and feature additions on the upcoming supersport motorcycle.
Initially, the spy images of the new RC 390 received mixed reactions for the new front setup. However, from the official images, the motorcycle's new design blends well with the dual-tone paint scheme.
The front end of the RC390 will feature a new headlamp with a twin projector setup similar to the ones seen on the KTM Duke 390. design. The mean-looking twin-pod projector set up on the outgoing model will not be carried forward.
Because of the revised front fascia, the windscreen on the new motorcycle is also larger in width and height. Also, the headlamp cowl seems to feature a carbon-fibre like finish enhancing the front look.
Finishing the front fascia of the motorcycle are the boomerang-shaped light units flaked on either side of the headlamp. This unit could feature dual-function as a DRL and as a turn-signal indicator as well.
From the side, we could notice the all-new slimmer faring with the engine exposed. The side fairing also features vents to aid cooling. Speaking of cooling, the new RC390 could feature two radiator fans.
Also, the rider seat seems to have a wide and flat design over the outgoing model. This will aid in better riding comfort and grip levels. It continues its rear-set footpeg design for an aggressive riding position.
Starting off with the biggest change spotted from the images are the adjustable front USD forks. They feature dials on top of the forks and look similar to the adjustable units on the international-spec ADV 390.
This could mean that the 2021 RC 390 could feature adjustable suspension at the front for preload and rebound damping. However, the company take the feature away from the India-spec model just like the Adventure 390.
Also, the rear sub-frame of the new RC 390 is now a bolt-on unit, which can make living with the bike a lot easier in case of repairs.
Regarding the engine, the new RC 390 will carry forward the same unit as the outgoing model. However, there could be some internal component changes made for a refined unit that is more track-biased.
Currently, the RC 390 is powered by a 373.2cc, single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine producing a maximum of 43bhp and a peak torque of 36Nm; paired with a six-speed gearbox. The gearbox will continue to feature a slipper clutch and could get added with a bi-directional quickshifter as seen on the Duke 390 and the Adventure 390.
2021 RC 390 finally gets a TFT instrument cluster, that seems to be the same unit as the other 390s. The cluster will feature connected technology which enables turn-by-turn navigation, phone operations such as calls SMS and media playback. Also, it would provide a ton of information to the rider and could feature an in-built lap timer.
Thoughts About The 2021 KTM RC 390 Official Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The new-generation RC 390 is one of the most anticipated launches as the company is giving the supersport motorcycle a much-need update. The 2021 RC 390 could feature an adjustable front and rear suspension, which could be a welcome addition as it is a track-focused motorcycle. Once launched, the RC 390 will rival the Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the TVS Apache RR310 in India.
Image Source: Facebook