- 6 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Mimi Movie Review: Kriti Sanon Delivers A 'Param Sundar' Performance Which Tugs At Your Heartstrings
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 BS6 has been launched in India. Ducati has launched the Ducati Panigale V4 BS6 in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 23.50 lakh for the standard variant. The top-spec Panigale V4 S has been priced at Rs 28.40 lakh, ex-showroom. The motorcycle gets several updates but has the same power and torque output.
The Ducati Panigale V4 is quite simply one of the best supersport motorcycles in the world. It looks absolutely gorgeous and features the best in terms of technology and cycle parts. It is also one of the most powerful motorcycles in the world.
The Ducati Panigale V4 was first launched in the Indian market back in January 2018. Back then it had a starting price of Rs 20.53 lakh. The motorcycle sold in reasonable numbers over the next two years. In 2020 too, a few motorcycles were sold before the BS6 deadline.
On 01 April 2020, the more stringent BS6 emissions norms were implemented in India. The BS4 Ducati Panigale V4 therefore had to be pulled off the shelves. Now though, Ducati has come back with the 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 BS6. Along with adherence to the new emissions standards, the Ducati Panigale V4 models come with a few other changes too.
The motorcycle retains the design and style from the previous models, but with a few updates. Up front are the same LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs. on the side is the same fairing as the older model. However, the Panigale V4 and V4 S both get Ducati's famed winglet. The motorcycles also now get plexiglass headlamp and side fairings.
The winglet in question was earlier available only on the V4 R which was designed for track use. It increases the downforce up front and makes the Ducati more stable at high speeds. The rear-end is a minimalistic affair as it was before. The Ducati Panigale V4 rides on cast alloy wheels while the V4 S rides on forged alloy wheels.
The other differentiating factor between the Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S is the suspension. The standard Ducati Panigale V4 rides on full adjustable suspension from Sachs while the more expensive Panigale V4 S rides on electronically-controlled Ohlins suspension.
The Standard Panigale V4 makes use of a standard lead-acid battery while the V4 S uses a lithium-ion battery. The lighter battery and lighter forged alloy wheels together make the V4 S weigh 3 kilograms lower than the standard model.
The Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S are both powered by the same 1,103cc, V4 engine. The power output remains unchanged with the engine producing a maximum power of 211.17bhp at 13,000rpm and a peak torque of 124Nm at 10,000rpm. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
Other features include ABS Cornering Evo, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Slide Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Ducati Power Launch, Ducati Quick Shift, Engine brake control, etc.
The 2021 Panigale V4 and V4 S both feature self-bleeding brake and clutch master cylinders that were earlier available only on the Superleggera V4. The Panigale V4 in its BS6 avatar is now Rs 80,000 more expensive than the older BS4 model. The V4 S on the other hand is now more expensive by Rs 1.90 lakh.
Thoughts On 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 & V4 S Being Launched In India
The 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S have been launched in a rather small segment. The number of BS6 compliant motorcycles on sale in the Indian market can be counted on our fingertips. The Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S will compete against the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, BMW S 1000 RR, and to an extent, even the Suzuki Hayabusa.
In certain areas, the Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S trumps all of these motorcycles, while being more expensive to purchase.